Bank repays women’s missing money after social media uproar

snoop1130

29 minutes ago, scorecard said:

And grossly unethical for the teller to do that. In Thailand today I and my family double check every transaction, double check the balance in bankbooks and in the internet banking account, both balance and every transaction. I wouldn't trust any Thai bank with 1Baht. 

And double check / query everything that the service desk staff tell you when you open an account.

some realities:

- It's not true that it's law in Thailand every savings account has to have an ATM card and a debit car.

- It's not true that the service desk officer is only allowed to use 1 form per new account (cannot destroy a wrong document and start a new document).

- It's not true that  the service desk ar required by bank policy to ask the new customer to sign a blank application form, and 

It's no true that the service desk officer is not to complete blanks but signed) application form until after the bank has closed for the day.

All of the above is connected to 1 specific branch of a very high profile Thai bank.

You just have a lot of time to waste. Banks are good for society and have checks and balances. Sometimes humans find a way to steal but banks or their insurers reimburse legitimate thefts or misappropriations or mistakes. Relax man you don’t have to waste life worrying and double checking everyone 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

She opened the account in the name of the bank teller for convenience.... I.Q. of a durian.

Read much? Maybe you were reading some of your biogtry into the article and read what you wanted to rather than what was so clearly there. 

2 hours ago, Wake Up said:

You just have a lot of time to waste. Banks are good for society and have checks and balances. Sometimes humans find a way to steal but banks or their insurers reimburse legitimate thefts or misappropriations or mistakes. Relax man you don’t have to waste life worrying and double checking everyone 

Well you seem to be saying it's all OK. Yes human beings are involved and therefore there is risk, no disagreement on that, which is why banks like many other business (and especially where they indicated they will take of your wealth) should have more security / monitoring processes. 

17 hours ago, Seismic said:

I didn't get any bloody interest when the 550,000 was returned to me after they confirmed the withdrawals were an Inside job !!!!

Seems like they were not "interest"ed in giving you any … ????

20 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

She opened the account in the name of the bank teller for convenience.... I.Q. of a durian.

I.Q. of a Durian and reading age of a 5 year old, I don't mean the bank teller !... 

Whats worse is the 16 likes, 2 'thank you's' and 23 'laughs' from those who also have the reading age of a 5 year old....  

20 hours ago, HeyHeyHey said:

Thank you social media! The only partially working justice system in Thailand.

it seems that the only way to get justice is through social media .. all other ways are ignored .. lets do this for everything .. 

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:
23 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

I.Q. of a Durian and reading age of a 5 year old, I don't mean the bank teller !... 

Whats worse is the 16 likes, 2 'thank you's' and 23 'laughs' from those who also have the reading age of a 5 year old....  

i also didnt quite read it like that as you say but the durian comment was funny

Good news for a change, ..though yes, using a bank employees name ??? so tax or other Corruption / Avoidance here I think ? ... As they days of trusting you bank manager with your actual Physical cash being very much over I think. Still they DID exist once I think and well Thailand is still a semi Feudal old fashioned country also !!! .... 

On 8/24/2019 at 1:03 AM, Seismic said:

I didn't get any bloody interest when the 550,000 was returned to me after they confirmed the withdrawals were an Inside job !!!!

You're probably a "bloody nuisance, not wanted in this country" farang!  ???? ???????? (AKA 555)

On 8/24/2019 at 12:27 AM, lemonjelly said:

That is generous.

Funny thing is Thais will trust other Thais for advice.

Even if you were a Falang immigration expert lawyer, the advice that you gave someone would be overridden by a simple gathering at the local temple, and gossip between friends.

A couple of Thai men I knew who overstayed in NZ, were told to go to a immigration lawyer who might get ministerial help for them to stay in NZ.

They went to the temple to prey and local Thais told them to go see a man near by who would help them easy.

They went, they talked ,they were told to go see the mans sister at a health clinic to get a medical form the next day.

They gave the man their passports and 5k Nz each.

When they returned home the Immigration were waiting for them, one ran and escaped the other deported.

They lost the ten k NZ.

The man who escaped went to the Police , they did nothing, the Man involved was a scammer and had been on TV, he was caught with 30 passports in his possession.

End of story. 

On 8/24/2019 at 11:31 AM, British Bulldog said:

Yep, I agree, that's how I read it too !

No, you got it wrong .If it was as you say why would the bank teller request that the customer call her first before she makes a withdrawal? "To make sure the bank has enough banknotes on hand" ????

On 8/24/2019 at 1:27 PM, robblok said:

The guy who made the comment is awfully quiet... ???? shows that he has a bit more brains then a durian as not to face further embarrassment. 

shows that he has a bit more brains then a durian ...    than.

Then and than are two completely different words..    then is usually used to indicate time. Both then and time have a letter “E” in them. Than is used to make comparisons.  ????

22 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

That is generous.

Funny thing is Thais will trust other Thais for advice.

Even if you were a Falang immigration expert lawyer, the advice that you gave someone would be overridden by a simple gathering at the local temple, and gossip between friends.

A couple of Thai men I knew who overstayed in NZ, were told to go to a immigration lawyer who might get ministerial help for them to stay in NZ.

They went to the temple to prey and local Thais told them to go see a man near by who would help them easy.

They went, they talked ,they were told to go see the mans sister at a health clinic to get a medical form the next day.

They gave the man their passports and 5k Nz each.

When they returned home the Immigration were waiting for them, one ran and escaped the other deported.

They lost the ten k NZ.

The man who escaped went to the Police , they did nothing, the Man involved was a scammer and had been on TV, he was caught with 30 passports in his possession.

End of story. 

Indian ??  just asking

Archived