What is the best interweb site for buying a used scooter in Thailand.

VocalNeal

Another route is to go to the dealer's shops and ask what they've taken in PX.

They usually have a few used bikes in the back that they need to sell.  I wanted a cheap scooter for a relative to use while she was in Bangkok - after visiting three shops I found a Fino at a good price (less than renting), it rode well and just had a few scratches on the plastics.  Donated it to the family after use, and 2 years later it's still going strong.  I think the old air-cooled Fino's are as indestructible as Ho da Wave/Supercubs, but much cheaper as Thais seem to be prefer the Scoopy?

• Like 1

I found Thais ads pretty incomplete, sometime deliberately,  sometime just couldn't care less, photos from the bike when it was new...! also when you ask questions they are not that interested and still don't give proper answers - sure language barrier too.. When you turn up you find a not looked after bike,  or tarted up appearance, done for sale , hiding an old bike ...

Expats who sell ex-rentals should be avoided at all cost, usually trying to offload rundown bikes at high prices...

So I found the best is to find a genuine expats seller or a descend Thai shop and pay a bit extra, worth it ...

Good luck.

Also consider new bikes?  A basic scooter or semi-auto starts from around 45k THB - and with any good condition used bikes being around 30k there's little benefit in buying used for basic transport.

If looking at higher end, then there's decent savings, but on base models better buy new in my view.

• Like 1