Hotels In Chiang Rai

newatthis

Hi all

Wife and daughter are going for a holiday to Chiang Rai in October and I'm looking for a hotel for them, They won't have a car.

There are heaps of hotels, of course, but I don't know the areas. That's why I need help.

1, Price is no problem.

2. Wife like to go out walking in the evening to the night markets and also to eat.

3, Daughter would like being near malls, shops etc,
4. They're not looking for discos, bars etc.

Any suggestions, please.

I agree, The Mantrini is a really nice Hotel.  A bit far away from the downtown and night market, though. 

If you want to be in the immediate downtown area, you might take a look at the Wiang Inn.  Not as "deluxe" as the Mantrini but a good family hotel with a great breakfast buffet and a nice and clean pool.

Have sent relatives to both - in one case wanted to be closer to the Sriburin; the others closer to the downtown and night market.

i would recommend the wiang inn, it is very central located.

http://www.wianginn.com

walking distance to the bus station and taxi about 4 minutes.

(bustrip to mae sai, golden triangle etc)

walking distance to the night bazaar about 7 min.

walking distance to the (saturday) waking street about 15 min.

walking distance to (sunday) happy street about 25 min.

taxi or bus to central plaza shopping centrer about 10 minutes.

If they want to stay in the old town a friend of mine highly recommends La Patta

Offering outdoor pool and a restaurant, Le Patta is 350 feet from Saturday Night Walking Street. ... Le Patta is located 650 feet from Chiang Rai Old Bus Station, Clock Tower and Night Bazaar.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g297920-d5043804-Reviews-Le_Patta-Chiang_Rai_Chiang_Rai_Province.html

• 2 weeks later...

Archived