Say thank you for the rain

Brunolem

I am cursed with the rain. 

It always falls when I don't need/want it...

As I wrote in another thread a few days ago, right after washing my car last Thursday, I told my wife that she could expect rain soon... and Thursday night we had big rain. 

But that was only the apetizer, because on Friday evening I received solar lights which I planned to instal in my garden the next day. 

Yet, since then we have barely seen the sun and I have not been able to charge them! 

This is quite incredible because we very rarely have 3 days in a row with no sun, even during a normal rain season, but this year we hadn't even have a full day of rain... until I decided to make that fateful order. 

Unfortunately, the rain that haunts me comes from Western Europe, and is nothing like tropical rain... It takes hours of drip drip drip to fill up a cup of tea, and probably years to fill up a rice paddy. 

This curse has been with me for as long as I can remember... decades ago, I brought rain in the Nevada desert... in August!!! 

Having said that, if the Isaan rice crop is saved this year, you will know who you can thank for that... 

• Haha 1

Douglas Adams > Quotes > Quotable Quote

Douglas Adams

“And as he drove on, the rainclouds dragged down the sky after him, for, though he did not know it, Rob McKenna was a Rain God. All he knew was that his working days were miserable and he had a succession of lousy holidays. All the clouds knew was that they loved him and wanted to be near him, to cherish him, and to water him.”

• Like 2