TM-30 online report report

I received the password for the Section 38 online app 'yey' 

The  problem with the online app is that there are no notifications to let the user know what is going on throughout the process.  

1. First I downloaded the app and applied and submitted the forms.
  2. Then I got an email to say I need to confirm email address. After confirming email address I had to wait about 10 days to get another email saying my account is approved now I need to wait for username and password.
  3. About 3 weeks later I received the username and password.
  4. During all this time there is no 'notification' or message to correctly display the steps and the process and the potential delays so its easy to see why so many people think this doesn't work.

I deleted the app several times  during this waiting time thinking it didn't work, until I got these intermittent messages and downloaded it again.

Also the emails can go to your spam folder too so that also may confuse some people. 

Edited by NightSky

19 hours ago, Tayaout said:

They ask to scan the barcode at the bottom of the main passport page

My passport doesn't have a barcode. Just the usual   <<<<<NATIONALITY<<<<<<NAME <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

PASSPORT NUMBER DATE OF BIRTH<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Is that what you mean?

4 minutes ago, Cuchulainn said:

My passport doesn't have a barcode. Just the usual   <<<<<NATIONALITY<<<<<<NAME <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

PASSPORT NUMBER DATE OF BIRTH<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Is that what you mean?

Yes. I don't know the correct term if it's not a barcode. The app could read it but I think the information can be manually entered if it doesn't work. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NightSky said:

The  problem with the online app is that there are no notifications to let the user know what is going on throughout the process.  

2. Then I got an email to say I need to confirm email address. After confirming email address I had to wait about 10 days to get another email saying my account is approved now I need to wait for username and password.
  4. During all this time there is no 'notification' or message to correctly display the steps and the process and the potential delays so its easy to see why so many people think this doesn't work.

I deleted the app several times  during this waiting time thinking it didn't work, until I got these intermittent messages and downloaded it again.

Also the emails can go to your spam folder too so that also may confuse some people. 

So it takes another  2-3 week to receive username and password after been approved ? 

7 hours ago, NightSky said:

What forms did you submit?

7 hours ago, Kai13 said:

So it takes another  2-3 week to receive username and password after been approved ? 

I think if your immigration office is very busy like Chaenwattana then it could take several months. My office seems small and never busy and it tooks 3 weeks. It's funny that they designed a website that doesn't leverage automation. 

Edited by Tayaout

14 hours ago, Tayaout said:

Yes. I don't know the correct term if it's not a barcode. The app could read it but I think the information can be manually entered if it doesn't work. 

I think it is MRZ, machine readable zone.

17 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Is it really possible to use the online report system if you rent a condo?

How to register and what to submit? 

The house serial number is the number in the blue book. You will need to submit a picture of the blue book first page and Thai ID card of owner. In my case my wife is not the owner but she is listed in the blue book and it worked. 

Edited by Tayaout

34 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

The house serial number is the number in the blue book. You will need to submit a picture of the blue book first page and Thai ID card of owner. In my case my wife is not the owner but she is listed in the blue book and it worked. 

I rent from a foreigner through a real estate agent,so,no blue book. 

Just now, Max69xl said:

Where would they get copies from a blue housebook when the owner is a foreigner? No,I think I will forget about this. To much work.

The Foreigner aint the owner. The house will have a book and you are renting from the agent so they should have copies.

5 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

The Foreigner aint the owner. The house will have a book and you are renting from the agent so they should have copies.

The foreigner is the sole owner of the condo. We're not talking about a house out in the sticks. But a foreigner can't rent out his own condo. That's why he need an agent. 

3 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

The foreigner is the sole owner of the condo. We're not talking about a house out in the sticks. But a foreigner can't rent out his own condo. That's why he need an agent. 

My bad, you said house book so I assumed it was a house.

tabien baan  is the teminology you should be using.

Edited by Don Mega

3 hours ago, Don Mega said:

My bad, you said house book so I assumed it was a house.

tabien baan  is the teminology you should be using.

No, I said condo in my first post. I have never mentioned a house. And you have a tabien baan where ever you're staying. And tabien baan is the housebook. Blue or yellow. 

3 hours ago, HampiK said:

I also have a blue book, which is empty for my condo!

But seems some Land office not give them out always.

A foreigner can not be registered in a blue housebook. That's why amphoe issues yellow housebooks for foreigners. 

2 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

So I got my login details and filled in the reporting page with my details and clicked save.

Is that it ?

I was also surprised by the lack of confirmation. Apparently the app has a function to search Tm30 by date. You could try that if you want to double check. 

2 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

I was also surprised by the lack of confirmation. Apparently the app has a function to search Tm30 by date. You could try that if you want to double check. 

Yeah checked that and its there.

Was more thinking about all this noise I hear about fine for late reporting, the lease I submitted for registration is dated a month ago and Iam only just now reporting.

for the OP, Did you get confirmation that your TM 30 form was received and recorded by IM? I send one in online (using my computer not the mobile app), and got a message to confirm I wanted to "record the data", which I clicked OK. But I have been checking the  "FNSEARCHHOTELFORM30 : ค้นหาข้อมูลแจ้งรับคนต่างด้าวเข้าพัก(Search TM.30)" for a record of my submission and it keeps saying "ไม่พบข้อมูลที่ต้องการค้นหา" (no record found). So I'm wondering if they are still processing it or whether I didn't submit it properly? Anyone have any other experience?