TM-30 online report report

4 minutes ago, fritzgoss said:

for the OP, Did you get confirmation that your TM 30 form was received and recorded by IM? I send one in online (using my computer not the mobile app), and got a message to confirm I wanted to "record the data", which I clicked OK. But I have been checking the  "FNSEARCHHOTELFORM30 : ค้นหาข้อมูลแจ้งรับคนต่างด้าวเข้าพัก(Search TM.30)" for a record of my submission and it keeps saying "ไม่พบข้อมูลที่ต้องการค้นหา" (no record found). So I'm wondering if they are still processing it or whether I didn't submit it properly? Anyone have any other experience?

did you enter both a check in and check out date ?

8 minutes ago, fritzgoss said:

for the OP, Did you get confirmation that your TM 30 form was received and recorded by IM? I send one in online (using my computer not the mobile app), and got a message to confirm I wanted to "record the data", which I clicked OK. But I have been checking the  "FNSEARCHHOTELFORM30 : ค้นหาข้อมูลแจ้งรับคนต่างด้าวเข้าพัก(Search TM.30)" for a record of my submission and it keeps saying "ไม่พบข้อมูลที่ต้องการค้นหา" (no record found). So I'm wondering if they are still processing it or whether I didn't submit it properly? Anyone have any other experience?

My wife did it using the app and only got a popup that said "completed" but I can't confirm it worked. They should at least send an email but it's probably out of their reach for now. 

5 hours ago, Tayaout said:

I was also surprised by the lack of confirmation. Apparently the app has a function to search Tm30 by date. You could try that if you want to double check. 

There's supposed to be a menu to the left where you can search for earlier reports. You just enter a date and the report should pop up. Press screen save and print out if you want. On a phone you can take a screenshot. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

There's supposed to be a menu to the left where you can search for earlier reports. You just enter a date and the report should pop up. Press screen save and print out if you want. On a phone you can take a screenshot. 

Yes, I will ask my wife to do that but I'm not really worried. At least we tried and I don't plan to visit the IO for a long time since I travel often. 

3 hours ago, Tayaout said:

My wife did it using the app and only got a popup that said "completed" but I can't confirm it worked. They should at least send an email but it's probably out of their reach for now. 

I haven't heard anyone mention any received emails from Immigration after doing the TM30 report online.

In the western world an automatic receipt by email wouldn't be impossible. If you do the 90 days report online, there's a print out button. 

16 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

I haven't heard anyone mention any received emails from Immigration after doing the TM30 report online.

In the western world an automatic receipt by email wouldn't be impossible. If you do the 90 days report online, there's a print out button. 

It's because they don't have sufficient staff to manually type the email for each receipt! 

23 hours ago, Don Mega said:

did you enter both a check in and check out date ?

I entered all the information requested and the system didn't give me any warning, but it still says no data can be found, even now a week later. I suspect I did something wrong, and the system didn't accept the form, even though it didn't give any message as such. 

20 hours ago, Max69xl said:

yeah, i tried that, but nothing...

I entered all the information requested and the system didn't give me any warning, but it still says no data can be found, even now a week later. I suspect I did something wrong, and the system didn't accept the form, even though it didn't give any message as such. 

When I filled my report I wasn’t aware that the documents should be under 1 mb ( each ), got an error message to that effect.
Reduced the docs and tried again,this time got a different error message , a generic error message that didn’t give an exact reason.

I remembered something about some posters having an issue with Chrome so tried on IE and it went through, checked on the search function and there it is.

My report was for an entry into Thailand back in March !!, whether this means I will avoid a fine on extension remains to be seen, will find out later this month ????????

5 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

When I filled my report I wasn’t aware that the documents should be under 1 mb ( each ), got an error message to that effect.
Reduced the docs and tried again,this time got a different error message , a generic error message that didn’t give an exact reason.

I remembered something about some posters having an issue with Chrome so tried on IE and it went through, checked on the search function and there it is.

My report was for an entry into Thailand back in March !!, whether this means I will avoid a fine on extension remains to be seen, will find out later this month ????????

what documents did you provide? I didn't see any place or way to attached any documents?

what documents did you provide? I didn't see any place or way to attached any documents?

Sorry, yes you are right I was confusing it with the registration process.

I filled the form:

IMG_2657.JPG

and pressed the blue button, the info gets transferred to the table below, then press the floppy disk symbol ( top right) to send/save , no notification is given but checking the search function should bring up this:

IMG_2584.JPG

If successful.

8 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Sorry, yes you are right I was confusing it with the registration process.

I filled the form:

IMG_2657.JPG

and pressed the blue button, the info gets transferred to the table below, then press the floppy disk symbol ( top right) to send/save , no notification is given but checking the search function should bring up this:

IMG_2584.JPG

If successful.

I see, so you filled in the form, then hit the button to fill in the form, then submitted it...I just filled in the form and then submitted it... maybe next time I will try that way and see what happens. 

I see, so you filled in the form, then hit the button to fill in the form, then submitted it...I just filled in the form and then submitted it... maybe next time I will try that way and see what happens. 

Yes, it’s kinda weird, you fill the top form and then hit the button and it transfers it all down to the table below.

13 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

No, I think it’s the format they use on the computer system, condenses all the information, kinda like on the paper version second page.

Give it a go, should work.

now it is too late, I'm afraid if I submit it after the 24 hour period, I may get fined. I will try that the next time when I return from overseas.

now it is too late, I'm afraid if I submit it after the 24 hour period, I may get fined. I will try that the next time when I return from overseas.

I submitted my TM30 last week, my last entry date was March 2019 , not sure if I will avoid a fine on extension later this month but figured I had nothing to lose, plus I wanted to test the system out before I use it for my oseas trip in October.

4 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I submitted my TM30 last week, my last entry date was March 2019 , not sure if I will avoid a fine on extension later this month but figured I had nothing to lose, plus I wanted to test the system out before I use it for my oseas trip in October.

ok, please post an update when you find out...

• Like 1

The entire process is ludicrous.  You have to report every 90 days.  Why not let the address you report satisfy the notification of residence.  You take a weekend trip to a resort and you are suppose to file a TM28 to change your address then after you return to your regular place you have to file a TM30.   Just who do they think they are kidding that any of these are being tracked.  Additionally if someone was not filing to conceal their location, do you really think they would file?  This is just BUSY work intended on creating piles of paper for government workers to justify their positions.  

46 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

I am not surprised. The IT-guy who designed this should not be satisfied with his work. 

Not satisfied with his work? Hah! The best Thai website I've seen (my bank's) is still amateurish. Test for Thai coders: "Hello World!" in QBasic.

1 hour ago, Thomas J said:

The entire process is ludicrous.  You have to report every 90 days.  Why not let the address you report satisfy the notification of residence.  You take a weekend trip to a resort and you are suppose to file a TM28 to change your address then after you return to your regular place you have to file a TM30.   Just who do they think they are kidding that any of these are being tracked.  Additionally if someone was not filing to conceal their location, do you really think they would file?  This is just BUSY work intended on creating piles of paper for government workers to justify their positions.  

Not everyone do 90 days report... It would almost make more sense to scrap the 90 days report. 

9 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

Not everyone do 90 days report... It would almost make more sense to scrap the 90 days report.

1 minute ago, NE1 said:

Surely not. I thought the TM 28 was for a permanent change of address ?

Yes,you are correct. The poster seem to think he has to report his stay at a resort. How many posts has he been reading?

1 hour ago, Thomas J said:

You have obviously misunderstood everything. You never ever report anything when you check in at any type of accomodation. Every hotel, guesthouse or resort are by law demanded to submit a TM30 for EVERY foreigner staying there. 

But you might have to submit the TM30 when coming back home.

The TM28 is officially used for reporting a new address when for example moving to another province. Even if some IO's think that's the one to fill in when coming home,that's not really correct. Because they will still need a TM30.

That's the annoying part of the story.

You have obviously misunderstood everything. You never ever report anything when you check in at any type of accomodation. Every hotel, guesthouse or resort are by law demanded to submit a TM30 for EVERY foreigner staying there. 

But you might have to submit the TM30 when coming back home.

But, in my experience, resorts and some guesthouses will not ask for your passport, hotels tend to ( but not all ).

If you haven’t handed your passport over at a resort/guesthouse/hotel then your stay there has not been reported and you do not need to submit a TM30 on return to your residence.

A popular approach when asking if room is available at any of the above is :

Send the Thai partner in to check on availability and reserve the room, saves you messing with TM 30’s and might even get you a better rate.

52 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

But, in my experience, resorts and some guesthouses will not ask for your passport, hotels tend to ( but not all ).

If you haven’t handed your passport over at a resort/guesthouse/hotel then your stay there has not been reported and you do not need to submit a TM30 on return to your residence.

A popular approach when asking if room is available at any of the above is :

Send the Thai partner in to check on availability and reserve the room, saves you messing with TM 30’s and might even get you a better rate.

That's a working method if the hotel wants to break the law. They have to report EVERY FOREIGNER. I don't care if they report me or not, I'm just saying what they should do.

I'm staying in a province where I don't have to submit the TM30 when coming back home from another province.

That's a working method if the hotel wants to break the law. They have to report EVERY FOREIGNER. I don't care if they report me or not, I'm just saying what they should do.
I'm staying in a province where I don't have to submit the TM30 when coming back home from another province.

I’m staying in a province where the IO requests a TM30 submission after leaving the country and leaving the province.
I can do it online so no real problem if the hotel reports me.