Used motorbike in Samui

There are numerous second hand shops for motorbikes, but you might not find that kind of shops online.

If you say where you are staying on Samui, and what kind of motorbike you are looking for – i.e. small bike, or big bike – some posters might be able to recommend a shop in your local area.

????

8 hours ago, kiever said:

Thank you. I stay in Lamai. I can go and check everywhere in Samui. I try to find 

2019 models

honda Forza 

honda psx 

yamaha xmax 

Yamaha nmax 

"2019", in that case I would look for a brand new with full warranty, second hand vehicles are often slightly overpriced in Thailand, due to cheap labor cost in maintenance.

1 minute ago, khunPer said:

"2019", in that case I would look for a brand new with full warranty, second hand vehicles are often slightly overpriced in Thailand, due to cheap labor cost in maintenance.

How long is the warranty on bikes in Thailand...triumph I know offer 2 year unlimited..... as do Ducati, I would have thought Yamaha Hondas would be longer. in which case buying a bike with some wants left might be worth it. However My small Nouvo cost sweet FA to maintain and repair and ran well  after several years.

I can also buy 2018. Not strictly 2019. 

And I have residency certificate from my embassy but issued before 5 months when I lived in Pattaya and shows that my address in Pattaya. I wonder if  this certificate will be accepted by land transport office ?

I have been told immigration will not issue residency certificate unless I did 90 days report. This is correct ? I’m here for 1 month and didn’t do 90 days report yet. In this case I must visit my embassy in Bangkok to get residency certificate?

11 hours ago, kiever said:

I can also buy 2018. Not strictly 2019. 

And I have residency certificate from my embassy but issued before 5 months when I lived in Pattaya and shows that my address in Pattaya. I wonder if  this certificate will be accepted by land transport office ?

Probably not - I think about 1 month is maximum for most of them.....just go to immigration with some evidence of where you are staying....or if you have a work permit with your address, that may be sufficient.

On 8/28/2019 at 4:04 AM, kiever said:

I have been told immigration will not issue residency certificate unless I did 90 days report. This is correct ? I’m here for 1 month and didn’t do 90 days report yet. In this case I must visit my embassy in Bangkok to get residency certificate?

Samui immigration has always been flexible for 500 baht. ????

• Haha 2

On 8/28/2019 at 4:25 AM, Airbagwill said:

Probably not - I think about 1 month is maximum for most of them.....just go to immigration with some evidence of where you are staying....or if you have a work permit with your address, that may be sufficient.

A work permit is sufficient for the department of land transportation. 

You don't need to go to immigration.