Does SCG Staycool disintegrate?

Me Panhar

My builder tells me that staycool insulation falls apart and causes loads of dust problems and is no good for Thailand. He recommends foam under the roof instead.

I thought it was sealed and resealed with metal tape if cut. Maybe rats chew on it?

Does anyone have any experience with staycool 15cm?

I am worried that the attic will be hot no matter what and need something over the ceiling.

Cheers.

If your builder did not seal a previous attic, he may had had birds get in and ruin the stay cool. But a great builder can make sure birds do not nest in your attic. I have been very happy with Stay Cool for eleven years. I have seen it fail in attics that had birds. 

50 minutes ago, Chazar said:

more  like makes more  money using foam

Well at the end of the day if I research and choose what product I want the builder to install, he installs it, apart from the Mrs who's the boss here. ????

I read this post and took it, that tge builder was preferring a rigid board insulation(foam) fixed on the slope rather than the staycool encapsulated bags which would be a nuisance to fix.

Tbh, the post doesnt make it very clear

Yeah there's a lot lost in translation but based on the way he turned into Rambo emptying his m60, I believe he means spray it on the underside of the tiles.

I don't know much about it but a German pal just got his done with foam and he does go on about how good it is. Again not sure what it is exactly.

On 8/27/2019 at 10:06 PM, Me Panhar said:

This forum is very helpful,
Thanks.

Yes i have to agree, on the whole there are a pretty good bunch of guys here who are always willing to help and advise, for this friendship i thank them. However from time to time a smartarse troll gets in with sarcasm and negative remarks. These are to be ignored as they are just looking for arguemant.

On 8/28/2019 at 12:08 AM, Me Panhar said:

There's not any negative reviews here about staying away from staycool shop I am reassured by that.

my previews wool insulation has become dust - now on  

insulation board made from Expanded Polystyrene covered with a layer of polypropylene reflective lamination on both sides.  highly effective combination of materials offers high compressive strength and great thermal performance - perfect

Archived