What embassies might be a good choice for non-B these days?

I'm onto my second 90-day non-B visa soon. 

The first was done with a letter and certificate of incorporation from a BOI that turned out NOT to be able to go through with my work permit at all... I got this from the embassy in Norway, which is where I am currently too.

Now we're starting a local thai company, the paperworks is underway with a lawyer that comes with strong recommendations.

I do not know what papers the lawyers will give me for applying for a non-B visa yet, but I will be able to boost an application with personal recommendation letters, some proof that I have been able to set up companies with workplaces before, and that our business is both legit and has a chance of success.

What I do NOT want, is of course hitting a wall and/or get a voided visa... Not sure if that ever happens with non-B, but I guess it could always drag out endlessly if it gets stuck in the first stages...

What embassy would be the best for me to apply with? The obvious choice is Oslo, and I have used some clever agents here.

The lawyer wants me to go to Hong Kong, but if I need to add a transit country I would prefer that to be Malaysia or even obscure places like Tbilisi in Georgia or even Nepal...

I can easily add a transit country when I leave, as I have some business to do in Tbilisi and also want to see Nepal again ???? Also open to suggestions!

All I really need is a 90-day visa, although the lawyer wants me to apply for a full year up front...

16 hours ago, onlycw said:

Savannakhet on a Tuesday or Wednesday.

I just got knocked back for a 3 month non B at Savannakhet (Thursday). They claimed it was because my second 90 day in a row. They were rejecting so many people.

Is there any reason you say go on a Tues or Weds?

How long did you spend outside of Thailand when getting rejected at Savannakhet?

What kind of documentation did you have?

Talked to my visa guys here in Oslo, they think every application here is processed separately, invite letter + copy of company registration document is what is needed.

Will request papers from my lawyer soon, then perhaps try here in Oslo, the visa guys do not think I will receive a voided visa at least...

I came here straight from Thailand where I live and have done for 10 years.

All my documents were in order. They said it was because I had already had a 3 month non b in June.

This morning I returned to the embassy and after much grovelling they accepted my application. Hopefully Monday they will issue the visa.

I would reccomend avoiding Savannakhet consulate for now if possible. The guy at the stall filling out the apps and photocopies etc said he spoke with an official last week who told him things will get easier in about a month but for now it remains strict there.

You Local office in your home country is best.  You can not really shop around. All applications are processed online via a Intranet. if your home country has said no you need to address this with them.  if you manage to set up a company and invest this may assist. You should talk to your home consulate first to discuss options.   Cosulates outside of your home state ill require more documents

2 hours ago, OffshoreMig said:

You Local office in your home country is best.  You can not really shop around. All applications are processed online via a Intranet. if your home country has said no you need to address this with them.  if you manage to set up a company and invest this may assist. You should talk to your home consulate first to discuss options.   Cosulates outside of your home state ill require more documents

Never seen anyone mentioning a system like that, but of course that would make a lot of sense!

The company will be set up, got an agreement with the first worker, and will be able to get this off the ground somehow - the problem is that what happens if I'm not allowed to get this started on the ground...

Any ideas if "soft" values like recommendation letters and/or proof of setting up workplaces in my industry might help?

The visa guys I've used are of the opinion that each application is processed as a separate case, and that the only thing they really check is invite letter + copy of company seal.

Worst case I could get an invite from another company, but I suppose changing the invite as part of an appeal would not be good!

My very best way is perhaps to apply with papers for my own company, another invite to do business (not work) with another company as a further underpinning... Any real business needs partners and helpers to make it, which is what I have after coming & going for some years ????

1 hour ago, seanog said:

London Embassy not issuing Non-immigrant B (multiple entry) visas this year. have had one for past 12 years, all company papers in order but they just said single entry only !

Could this be connected to the mentioned intranet?

In my case single entry would be totally OK even for a few years, I need to run my businesses here in Europe too, in order to build a company in Thailand...