"Chilled out" bank robber soon arrested after he went to get an ice-cream

webfact

"Chilled out" bank robber soon arrested after he went to get an ice-cream

10pm.jpg

Thai caption: The chilled out bank robber

A hapless bank robber in Chainat in central Thailand calmly went to get an ice-cream after stealing 16,000 baht from a branch of the Government Savings Bank. 

He was soon caught trying to stash the loot in some toilets. 

Chainat police swung into action after a man with a surgical mask went into the bank on route 340, the Chainat to Suphanburi Road. 

He had his hand behind his back so he looked to be armed. 

He said: "I have no alternative - hand over the money". 

Scared staff believing him armed handed over 16,000 baht and pressed the alarm alerting the police. 

The robber ran off in the direction of a large store and police soon had the locality surrounded. 

Phakpoom, 26, was caught after he went into a building and asked to use the toilets where he hoped to hide his ill-gotten gains. 

He told police that he had borrowed his mate's pick-up and was driving around wondering what to do about the 400,000 baht online gambling debts he had racked up. 

Then he had a brainwave - rob a bank. 

He wasn't armed but pretended he was. After the robbery he went to the big store nearby and bought an ice-cream because he was tired from his exertions. 

Police are deciding what to actually charge him with. 

Sanook called him a chilled out bank robber in their story. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-08-29

Come to shows that even to be a lowly bank robber you need to have some brains not to give in to an ice cream temptations while robbing a bank, allas, many lacks even that few grey matters to pull a good job...

16 minutes ago, moe666 said:

he could have been the guy in the states who stood in the bank line with shaving cream on his face. By the time he arrived at the front most of the shaving cream was gone and the police where there.

A close shave for the bank.

A little off topic from Thailand
Stupid bank robbers everywhere.  
I was in a bank that was robbed.  No guns though.  I saw the guy give a check written on his bank account to the teller, then turned my attentions elsewhere.  When the teller opened the drawer he leaned over and grabbed about $600.00 and walked out the nearest door.   

A minute later I see a bank employee locking the doors.  Then he announced, the bank has been robbed.  Please line up at the counter to the right and we will take care of everyone.  This biggest surprise for me was about 15 people had their business taken care of in 5 minutes.  I had been standing in one line with 5 people in front of me for longer than that.

Bank called the police and gave information for the bank robber that was on the check.  His name, address, and telephone number.  Police called the number, the guys wife answered.  They asked if he was there.  No, she said, he went to the bank but should be back in a few minutes.  Police went to his residence and waited for him to show up, then arrested him.  Perhaps he wanted to go to prison?

5 minutes ago, mania said:
On 8/29/2019 at 12:48 PM, webfact said:

Police are deciding what to actually charge him with. 

If that is true then I do not know who is more ignorant the bank robber or the police

It's obvious: Money laundering - he was trying to hide the money in the toilet.

Archived