Thai Elite Card

Does anybody know what happened to the THAI ELITE CARD - program ? few months earlier (after the COUP, though) I heard there will be changes, and it will be much cheaper in the future. what's the STATUS QUO today ? is it still available ? at 1 Million Baht ?

I GOOGLEd a little but did not find anything useful, and no official information on any "Thai Government websites".

any updates from insiders would be appreciated

Now there was here one hub that Thais managed. One of self delusion, stupidity and inflated self worth. The Elite card was ALWAYS a laugh but they pushed it and ended up giving them away to mates and Japanese that could afford the golf anyway.

If proof Thaksin and his pals were there to line their own pockets were needed then this was it.

Anyone know what finally happened with these Millions of Baht worth of unpaid ads in International Media, that were reported some two years ago? Did they got paid? Or did they change directors, and blamed it on the former ones?

Never ever heard anything about that.

Sunny

This thread prompted me to recount the number of threads on Thai Elite, but this time I decided to include only those with the actual "Elite" in the title of the thread... whereas previously I included those threads that contained "Elite" anywhere in the body of the thread

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?ac...cs&hl=elite

The results are now at (including this one)

58 Threads On The Thai Elite Card.....

:D

A Big Thanks sent out to Thakky.... for providing so much laughter over the last several years...

:D:D :D

And a big thanks to the OP for not allowing this thoroughly decimated and dead horse to die in peace by flogging it further one more time...

58 beatings and we're still not done.....

:o

Edited by sriracha john

Seems alive and well... Take a look at a couple of their recent events... :o

http://www.thailandelite.com/news_detail.p...from=press_room

Did any of you Elite members sign up for the million baht dinner?...

http://www.thailandelite.com/news_detail.p...from=press_room

The "Marvelous " photos say it all...

Edited by sfokevin

Whilst I agree with SRJ that it would have been better to have done a search and posted on another existing TE thread, the latest news is no change so far.

I flew out of BKK last week and back in yesterday and chatted with the reps about the situation both times. Needless to say they were still bullish (and no doubt will continue to be until the plug is pulled), and say no decision has yet been made about a new, cheaper programme as was reported earlier.

I was asked to fill in a questionnaire on the way out outlining how I use the programme, what kind of money I spend in Thailand during my time here and so forth, so they are definitely still doing some kind of review.

In the meantime, I'll just carry on trying to maximise the amount of free(ish) golf I play... :o