Retirement to Marriage extension

1 minute ago, BertM said:

Dear madmonk888,

I go next week for my extension in CW. I did retirement last year, but will do extension based on marriage this year. So, I will be able to give a first-hand experience afterwards... ????

excellent timing ???? , yeah please let us know and I hope it all goes smoothly

• Like 1

I went to my local immigration office few weeks ago for my extension renewal.

I'm on a retirement extension right now but I wanted to change over to a  marriage extension.

Immigration would not let to swap over my extension, IO told me I had to leave Thailand and get a new fresh Non o imm based on marriage then after 45 days I could do a marriage extension.

I booked a appointment at Vientiane and got myself a Non o imm based on marriage.

10 minutes ago, fishtank said:

I.O told you a load of rubbish.

Of course you can change from one to another.

Just apply for the extension for the other reason.

Maybe you are using a rogue offic.

maybe Rubbish..... but thats the rules in pathum thani immigration.

wasn't my idea to spend 8k on a over night trip to Vientiane to get a new Non o imm based on marriage.

I did start a topic on here about my issues to get my extension, maybe you would like to take a look

Edited by dayo202

2 hours ago, dayo202 said:

I went to my local immigration office few weeks ago for my extension renewal.

I'm on a retirement extension right now but I wanted to change over to a  marriage extension.

Immigration would not let to swap over my extension, IO told me I had to leave Thailand and get a new fresh Non o imm based on marriage then after 45 days I could do a marriage extension.

I booked a appointment at Vientiane and got myself a Non o imm based on marriage.

sounds unlucky and as we all experience different offices we get different requirements but in essence I was also lead to believe as it's an extension based on...….. and we all already have O Visas then it's just the reason for extension we are changing. What a pain to have to leave . Thanks for sharing your experience

• Like 1

22 hours ago, madmonk888 said:

sounds unlucky and as we all experience different offices we get different requirements but in essence I was also lead to believe as it's an extension based on...….. and we all already have O Visas then it's just the reason for extension we are changing. What a pain to have to leave . Thanks for sharing your experience

has anyone changed at Jomtien with 400k in the bank and what do they need?

On 8/31/2019 at 3:14 PM, dayo202 said:

maybe Rubbish..... but thats the rules in pathum thani immigration.

wasn't my idea to spend 8k on a over night trip to Vientiane to get a new Non o imm based on marriage.

I did start a topic on here about my issues to get my extension, maybe you would like to take a look

Those are not the rules . The IO doesn't want more work. It is easier for them if you start afresh.