194 households in 13 provinces affected by storm Podul

rooster59

194 households in 13 provinces affected by storm Podul

By The Nation

800_06eba5fbbca2eb6.png

Tropical storm Podul drenched parts of the north, northeast and east on Friday, causing flash flooding and landslide in 13 provinces.

Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation (DDPM) director general Chayaphol Thitisak, said that the Podul entered the Gulf of Thailand on August 29, bringing heavy rain, flash floods and landslide. “194 households in 72 villages in Chiang Mai, Phrae, Phetchabun, Amnat Charoen, Nakhon Phanom, Roi Et, Ubon Ratchathani, Maha Sarakham, Khon Kaen, Nong Bua Lam Phu, Prachin Buri, Krabi and Ranong were affected,” he said.

70303258_2381655061899550_3483936084486782976_n.jpg

Water levels in Ubon Ratchathani, Roi Et, Maha Sarakham, Phetchabun and Rayong have already subsided. “Roi Et saw the most damage, as people in 38 villages were affected, 4,110 rai of farmlands were destroyed, along with 5 roads, 3 water dykes and one bridge,” he said.

The director general added that his department has coordinated with local authorities, district administration offices and related agencies to help the victims. “We have installed water pumps to drain flood water in several areas, and are giving out survival kits and construction materials to villagers whose houses were destroyed,” he said.

69152275_2381655265232863_8743995464044511232_n.jpg

“During the next week there might be heavy rains and gusts in several areas, therefore citizens should follow DDPM’s announcements closely. If you need help, contact the 24-hour hotline at 1784,” said Chayaphol.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30375652

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-09-01

yeah, but water.  in a neutral ENSO.

don't be a country of girlie men like the USA telling themselves "no fear" and "we can swim", stuff like that.  what happens if it continues to swing to an El Nino condition that Mandy Freund and other scientists, in May 2019 Nat GeoScience says have doubled in recent decades versus the best and only longest reaching proxie for a historical record of Central and Eastern Pacific El Nino conditions using coral seems to provide evidence of? 

the other water problem.  especially if demand for electric power at all mimmicks what happened in Texas a few days ago, New York City a few weeks ago.  problems with the grid which is essential now for pumping water and running fans at the very time it is most needed.  you need to worry about how to handle that.  solar power is the first 'go to' on that but on a scale that means village water pumps will be working if we do continue the current trend.

Edited by WeekendRaider
  • Confused 3

13 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Silly a++e, dont have to count.....Issan record has shown photos of Banphai, it is serious.

Yesterday i had to stay home, no saturday trip to big C, all roads here under water.

The Isaan Record website, or is there a newspaper too? I can't see any mention of the flooding on their website, or have I missed it somewhere?

1 minute ago, faraday said:

Didn't see much flooding in Udon; mind you I was 'round at Bluesofa's house, pished out of my head on his homemade Lao.

Bit sore this morning - my head that is! :whistling:

That Lao Kow does 'loosen' you up I know.

Ah, your head. I didn't want to mention anything about being anally retentive.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

Don't tell me - you've been out counting, do you have your submarine on standby?

The water pumps will be there soon - allegedly. They'll probably pump it away to affect some other area.

they have just received some american tanks....could be used for transporting  people from flooded areas

• Like 2

1 minute ago, essox essox said:

ok your the man in the know.....are you still eating bacon??

I am going by what my wife is saying, she has been glued to her tablet all morning.

She has just left, to try to reach her school check for any damage, with strict instructions from me, if roads are not passable do not try, get back home.

Yes had a bacon butty an hour ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

What a load of BS, the number of homes in Banphai under water is more than 200.

This is Friday news. 

A LOT more happen on Friday night, Saturday morning, afternoon and now.

Thousands houses flood now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bluesofa said:

The Isaan Record website, or is there a newspaper too? I can't see any mention of the flooding on their website, or have I missed it somewhere?

18 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

Disaster in Isaan......................not enough water. Drought.  a week later

Disaster in Isaan......................too much water. Floods.

God is good.

For those confused or saddened by my comments, I apologize, but it always seems to be the Northeast that takes the brunt of the weather extremes. I feel sorry for those affected by the floods and storm damage.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

What a load of BS, the number of homes in Banphai under water is more than 200.

3 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Don't tell me - you've been out counting, do you have your submarine on standby?

The water pumps will be there soon - allegedly. They'll probably pump it away to affect some other area.

At last, an opportunity for Elon Musk to try out his submarine in Thailand, or maybe even his Tesla.

Joking apart, it is good to know that Colin and his wife are safe. Very sad for the families whose homes and farms have been flooded.

CB5FED8C-488C-4B2F-99BC-0C6A48A6A4B0.jpeg

1446DE12-5DF1-4341-B215-49A259F49CA9.jpeg

Edited by silver sea
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1