Putting Land in Name Of More Than 1 person

dsfbrit

My wife owns the land that her mother's house is on in Mukdahan.

It is in her name only.

My wife has agreed to put it in the name of other members of the family as well.

This seems like a simple task. Is it?

I would think we just turn up with the Chanote at the Land Office with my wife and the 4 other family members involved and they produce their identity and proof of address and that is all they need.

I pay some tax and some money for the paperwork and it is complete.

Is that how it works?

I drove up from Pattaya recently to visit the land office in Mukdahan and I was advised then that a lawyer is not required. Is that the same advice for this transaction??

Thanks for your advice

Lopburi3, thanks for the reply. Yes that sounds more like it. I discussed this and several other matters with my lawyer last week.

It was one of several subjects we discussed and when I went away I realised I needed to ask him several more questions. He is away this week and I want to go to Mukdahan on Saturday to do this transfer on the Monday 9th September.

Hence I am asking:-

1. The 4 other Thai family members that will go on the Chanote. Do they just need to take along their id and proof of address? They all live in Mukdahan.

2. The other question is, if one of them wants to sell the land, do they have to get agreement and signatures from the other owners? I am pretty certain they would have to, but I have made several silly mistakes assuming things recently and I would just like to make sure of my facts

Thanks very much for your help

1.  Believe that will be required - we did with children about 25 years ago.  Believe there was the normal transfer tax required.

2.  Believe agreement needs to be made for any sale.  We expect that after we are gone but there is chance one may buy by paying others before then.

Archived