Container Import Duties (moving to TH)

stament

I'm going to be moving to Th and don't think I will qualify for the excise free import of personal and second hand goods, therefore most likely I will need to lay duty on this.

Has anyone got any recent experience of his much duty they paid on a 20ft container? I read a Thai visa arrived from 2005 but prices have gone up significantly since then.

I understand extra taxes are payable if you bring multiple items of the sand thing such as TVs. However I will only be bringing one of each.

Thanks in advance.

i used a 20 footer from Uk in 2008...

Had to pay 10k baht for clearance thu Lam Chabang port.

My Uk delivery was  D D which means delivered domicile....that is home to home...also included was insurance...cost me 2,700 G B P for container....used John Masons in Liverpool.

I had 53 boxes delivered to my condo...

All household effects are duty free...

B T W I used to work in import/export business

Edited by essox essox
after thought
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Essox Essox,

I am new to the forum, and I am wondering about the cost v the import duties and hassle.  I see you say that household goods are exempt, I have .pdf from shipping companies which clearly states that you pay duties on everything due to being non immigrant O-A visa, can you give advice about where you have got this information from please?

Many thanks.

Tony

Hi Essox Essox,

I am new to the forum, and I am wondering about the cost v the import duties and hassle.  I see you say that household goods are exempt, I have .pdf from shipping companies which clearly states that you pay duties on everything due to being non immigrant O-A visa, can you give advice about where you have got this information from please?

Many thanks.

Tony

http://www.customs.go.th/cont_strc_simple.php?ini_content=individual_F01_160426_01&ini_menu=menu_individual_submenu_02&lang=en&left_menu=menu_individual_submenu_02_160421_01

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app