Mae Sai Border Run

I am from the UK. I have been in Thailand sine January on a 6 month METV, which I extended. I am going to Laos for a few days then returning to Thailand by air on a 30 day visa exemption as I have accommodation here until the end of October.

I am interested in doing a border run to Myanmar at the end of the 30 days to get another 30 day exemption which will give until after my accommodation contract runs out. I have been looking into 1 day border runs from Chiang Mai, for example "Chiangmaivisarun.com" but I am concerned about relying on this because:

a) there don't seem to be any reviews of this company

b) there is mixed information about whether the Mae Sai border is giving 30 day exemption stamps to tourists returning on the same day. I don't want to be refused entry and stranded at the border.

Has anyone done this border run in the last few months that can shed some light on the current situation and give me confidence that this is a viable option? Are there any other border run companies that you can recommend?

Also there is mixed information about whether it is 15 or 30 days given at land borders for visa exemptions.

Can you spot anything in my plan which may be an issue?

Thanks in advance

Borderruns seem to be coming to an end from what I can read. 

All very confusing indeed. One can not really make head or tail of all the different rules being applied.

What I would do in your situation , see immigration at the border first, prior to do the crossing, and get them to tell you if it is possible still or not to get a visa extension on your direct return.????