Workplace change nonb

We have a new teacher who returned from Laos with his Non-b. He has checked into immigration and all is fine. The work permit has not been applied for yet. He wishes to change schools and I am wondering about the status of his visa.

Can he keep his non-b and apply for a work permit at the new school. 

Should his visa be somehow cancelled when he quits at our school (current school) 

(my school is upset as they spent a lot of money on his Laos trip etc) 

Thanks for any info. 

Uhmm 

He got his Visa in Laos for school "A"  School "A" has not applied for WP yet. He wants to now change schools to school "B" 

Can he use the Non-b he has, which he attained from paperwork for school "A" to work and get a WP for school "B"

Is school "A" supposed to contact immigration and inform them when he moves to school "B" 

Thank you,I hope that is more clear

Non-B Visas are issued after the applicant signs a contract with a particular school, and submits that, and other documents to the Thai Embassy or Consulate. He can stay in Thailand until his Visa expires, but I don't think he can change schools, unless they are owned by the same employer. There is no harm in asking the Personnel Officer of School B to contact the local Immigration Office and asking.

Edited by allane
x
  • Like 1