Denied ED Visa at Savannakhet

I'm currently in Savannakhet to get a Non-O ED Visa for thai language and was denied because I'm told that my school and 12 others have just been blacklisted for issuing ED Visa.   I was enrolled at pro language pattaya.  Seems the crackdown on language schools is getting even tougher.  Now I gotta figure out what I'm going to do.   

Edited by volstateguy

this pro language school has a bad name w immigration. I attended pro language in Bkk 3 yrs ago. I got stopped at suvarnabumi and I overheard the immigration officer mentioning I had an ed visa from pro language, this was 3 yrs ago. I thought they would not be in business anymore.

Sounds like pro language pattaya pulled a fast one on you......I would give them a piece if of mind and make a big fuss about it as more likely their answer being Thais and all are going to be "we didn't know we were on a school blacklist'....SORRY!!!!...........thanks for your money...

5 minutes ago, nightfox said:

Sounds like pro language pattaya pulled a fast one on you......I would give them a piece if of mind and make a big fuss about it as more likely their answer being Thais and all are going to be "we didn't know we were on a school blacklist'....SORRY!!!!...........thanks for your money...

normally you only pay after you get the ed visa approved. OP now has to find another solution.

1 hour ago, 3421abc said:

this pro language school has a bad name w immigration. I attended pro language in Bkk 3 yrs ago. I got stopped at suvarnabumi and I overheard the immigration officer mentioning I had an ed visa from pro language, this was 3 yrs ago. I thought they would not be in business anymore.

And that makes you think Pro Language school has a bad name with immigration? 

My partner got an ED Visa through Pro Language Pattaya, a couple of months ago, 

and they couldn't have been more helpful. We went to Savannakhet to get the Visa,

and everything went smoothly. 

I studied Thai with them for a year, 3 years ago, and they were very good, I couldn't fault them,

so I hope this all sorts itself out soon.

• Haha 2

That might be the reason why I got denied 2 weeks ago in Saigon.

Or other reasons, because they did not tell me why.

I used ProLanguage too. They teach very well. Learned Thai a few years with them.

Thank you for the update.

On 9/6/2019 at 9:04 AM, fforest1 said:

You must be joking....The day I turned 50 was one of the happiest days of my life here.... 

Maybe because you were 49 and you really liked Thailand at the time.

For me and others at my age that are starting not to really like Thailand at this time, we might look at it as an extra 10-15 wonderful years, spent somewhere else, with no Juntas etc.

Edited by lkv
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, FredGallaher said:

Good you're found somewhere lse to go. I'm sure you'll soon be reporting on their ills.

I'll be more than happy to keep in touch with you, via public posting here in the forum, so that you can also report the wonders of Thailand in the near future.

There's still plenty of foreigners bad guys here, job's not over yet.

Edited by lkv
  • Haha 1

I inquired at prolanguage in pattaya a month ago. They told me 10k to get the ball rolling on the paperwork and another 7k once I comeback from Laos with the visa. Also have to pay 5k every 90 days instead of the usual 1900 at immigration. They definitely had some deal with immigration so students didn’t have to show up. 

Im glad I didn’t use them, but now I’m still looking for a school for ED visa in pattaya and have only two months left on my current tourist visa.

Any information about the other schools on this blacklist would be appreciated. I wouldn’t want to be in this same situation.

I went into Pro Language Pattaya 2 weeks ago to enquire about ED VIsa they are now asking for a deposit of 5000b not 10000b until i have my visa. Which i think is reasonable. Most schools are asking for a lot more. Yes they are still saying 5000b every 90 days but so are there other schools i have been to unless i study 4 times a week for 200 hours then i can pay 1900b. But the cost of the visa is a lot more. It seems many schools are asking for the same amount for immigration. This is the normal fee in Pattaya. 

Pro Language were very helpful with the information and recommended i go to Penang to get the visa as all their students have got their visas from there with no problem. I havent made my decision as yet as my visa still has 6 weeks left but i will have to soon.  I am worried now about trying to get an ED Visa so any comments would be appreciated. 

1 hour ago, grumpygrandma said:

I went into Pro Language Pattaya 2 weeks ago to enquire about ED VIsa they are now asking for a deposit of 5000b not 10000b until i have my visa. Which i think is reasonable. Most schools are asking for a lot more. Yes they are still saying 5000b every 90 days but so are there other schools i have been to unless i study 4 times a week for 200 hours then i can pay 1900b. But the cost of the visa is a lot more. It seems many schools are asking for the same amount for immigration. This is the normal fee in Pattaya. 

Pro Language were very helpful with the information and recommended i go to Penang to get the visa as all their students have got their visas from there with no problem. I havent made my decision as yet as my visa still has 6 weeks left but i will have to soon.  I am worried now about trying to get an ED Visa so any comments would be appreciated. 

I don't have more info for you but please report back if you got an ED from penang.

To update my situation....

I've spoken to Pro Language (locally and headquarters in Bangkok) and with them have made inquiries into their status with immigration.    They ARE NOT blacklisted as I was informed in Savannakhet.   So I don't know the reason I was told this there, other than the immigration officer taking it upon himself to not process the Visa.  I've also been told that the best places to get an education Visa currently is either Penang or Ho Chi Min.   So I think I'll give Penang a try.   

I do believe pro language is a good school, I used them previously several years ago and I enjoyed their classes.  They have also been extremely helpful throughout this situation. 

Edited by volstateguy
  • Confused 1

On 9/6/2019 at 9:58 AM, volstateguy said:

I'm currently in Savannakhet to get a Non-O ED Visa for thai language and was denied because I'm told that my school and 12 others have just been blacklisted for issuing ED Visa.   I was enrolled at pro language pattaya.  Seems the crackdown on language schools is getting even tougher.  Now I gotta figure out what I'm going to do.   

You can learn Thai online via Skype.

Most of the language schools offer this service.

So there's really no need for you to get a visa for it. You can study it with the school from your home country. 

Good luck with your studies. ???? 

• Like 1

I also believe ProLanguage is a good school, learned several years Thai with them. But I also know that they bend the rules in every way the student asks for.

If the headquarter office in BKK tells you they are not blacklisted, I would personally not believe it. What are they supposed to say? They need people to pay / apply.

I have a past ED Visa from Pro Language (6 months).  Flew into BKK a few days ago from Vietnam and was pulled from immigration desk for additional questioning.  I was coming back into Thailand on a 30 day visa exempt entry. The supervisor started drilling me in some of the fastest thai I have heard.  With my limited time studying Thai I was having real problems following what he was asking and responding.  He was convinced I had not studied Thai and was going to deny my entry.  My Thai partner was with me and was able to plead with him to allow me entry and convince he that I had gone to the classes.  He then told me that Pro Language was blacklisted along with many other schools and that BKK immigration officers will alert on any ED VIsas from these schools.  He allowed me entry but made it clear that I should not expect entry again without spending a considerable about of time outside of Thailand.  I would avoid BKK  especially if you have an ED Visa present or past.