Bit by Dog

jonwilly

1 minute ago, kenk24 said:

It is not easy to control the responses you might get on any forum... 

you seem to like dogs, so, I could not understand that you don't know that they are territorial and by reaching into the space of a dog you don't know... well, I just don't think I have ever seen someone do that?? 

Sorry for your pain... rabies or not it is no fun to get bitten... You seem to like dogs, they are wonderful... get one for your own and it will love you forever. 

Thanks - you have a great Sunday too... I have a kid to drive around - I play soccer mom on the weekends.. 

I made the mistake of relating the tender loving attitude of my own dog, which I have owned for 13.5 years thank you, to the little dog behind the fence in Thailand. Mine would let anybody pet her and NEVER consider snapping, growling, barking at or biting them.

Thanks for all your dog advice.

"The more I learn about some people, the more I love my dog".

22 hours ago, moontang said:

I would take a pistol and put a bullet in its brain, if it had bitten me.  Yeah, you wouldn't have got that treatment in thevWest, because you would have been astronomically less likely to have been bitten to begin with.  A Dane friend had a very adverse reactions to the shots and ended up in a hospital in Singapore.

Carry a gun on you at all times do you? Ridiculous comment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, hmficc said:

Why so angry? The fellow who was bit is chill. You are hysterical.

Really. I am not a dog person by any means, but killing a dog for being a dog seems sort of over-reactive to me, especially in light of what seems to be a very minor wound.

3 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Are you Thai or Buddhist? Any dog that attacks humans should be put down.

I'd rather see them putting down all of the humans who attack other humans, a very non-humane act, whereas a dog biting you is just a dog being a dog.????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/7/2019 at 11:31 AM, moontang said:

I would take a pistol and put a bullet in its brain, if it had bitten me.  Yeah, you wouldn't have got that treatment in thevWest, because you would have been astronomically less likely to have been bitten to begin with.  A Dane friend had a very adverse reactions to the shots and ended up in a hospital in Singapore.

Scumbag.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, GalaxyMan said:

I'd rather see them putting down all of the humans who attack other humans, a very non-humane act, whereas a dog biting you is just a dog being a dog.????

Agree with the human thing. But getting rid of attacking stray dogs would be a bonus.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

Agree with the human thing. But getting rid of attacking stray dogs would be a bonus.

You won't get an argument from me. If I could snap my fingers and make them all disappear...I had to have a special fence built to keep the dogs off of our property to protect the pussys.

Edited by GalaxyMan

On 9/7/2019 at 10:34 AM, DannyCarlton said:

If a dog bites me, I bite it back. There's no such thing as a free lunch. They need to learn.

Bite it first, the instant it looks as if it might bite, and it will learn not even to make the attempt.

11 minutes ago, SoSoCNX said:

Are you talking about  

Sriphat Medical Center / Maharaj Nakorn Chiang Mai Hospital?

Wow, No doctor's fee, No hospital fees, valet parking and total bill including shots 540 baht -_- Luck Man

sounds too cheap for anti rabies shots, they give anti biotics for a cold here

• Like 1

Of course you would have been treated immediately in your home country! And as for your rabies injection, well we will see soon! (That's if any injection was not counterfeit or out of date etc and hopefully was not just antibiotics)

Edited by Pdavies99

3 hours ago, SoSoCNX said:

Are you talking about  

Sriphat Medical Center / Maharaj Nakorn Chiang Mai Hospital?

Wow, No doctor's fee, No hospital fees, valet parking and total bill including shots 540 baht -_- Luck Man

Yes correct B540.

john

On 9/7/2019 at 10:21 AM, jonwilly said:

I would like to express my admiration for the polite

Great to hear.... in US they’d probably by do the lookie loo amd

keep going.. unless they liked the moto they’d probably jack 

that...

Good to hear I’ve been to the hospitals here a few times excellent service...

Some posts and replies in violation of the following forum rules have been removed:

8.) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

Forum Netiquette

1. Please do not post in all capital letters, bold, unusual fonts, sizes, colors or use unusually large emoticons. It can be difficult to read.

On 9/7/2019 at 5:49 AM, Momofarang said:

Indeed, the dog must be put down, the body brought to the nearest Vet, checked for diseases, and only then can the victim be treated sensibly.

Chance would be a fine thing! The dogs at The D*****n Hotel on Cosy Beach Rd frequently bite people, including me. Its been happening for years. Who is going to arrange for the dog to be put down? Nobody

I got a rabies shot it’s a well-known CM hospital I think I paid about 1200.
Seven days later repeat some days later I was going past a local hospital public hospital and went in to check the price for my second shot. I took it and it was only 300 baht! I later learned the rabies was extremely rare at tha period and didn’t bother getting more, Especially as despite the net the net the NIP I started feeding the stray dog and he more or less moved in so I could observe him anyway

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

What brought this on?

I've had dog owners say "don't show fear", putting the blame on me, a kid.

I've been surrounded by soi dogs and they made me come off the road, busy trying to kick them while riding the motorcycle (some other dog had peed on). 

Perhaps this was the cause? Some dog peed on your bike and you riding past that dog <offended> him? 

On 9/7/2019 at 10:21 AM, jonwilly said:

I doubt if back in my own country I would have seen a Dr in the time it took to examine and treat me.

I  doubt a  dog  would  bite  you in your own country? and did you check the Thai V Farang price at those  helpful smiling  faces?

On 9/8/2019 at 12:20 PM, GalaxyMan said:

Really. I am not a dog person by any means, but killing a dog for being a dog seems sort of over-reactive to me, especially in light of what seems to be a very minor wound.

Maybe watching the effects of rabies on a  human  could help?

• Like 1