Jump to content

Farang vlogger faces defamation charge following video about Pattaya massage shop


webfact

Recommended Posts

Farang vlogger faces defamation charge following video about Pattaya massage shop

 

5pm2.jpg

 

Thai police are hunting a foreign vlogger after he posted that tourists could get sex at a traditional Thai massage shop in Central Pattaya.

 

The owner of the shop has reported the matter to both the local police and the tech police.

 

She says she has been defamed and wants him arrested. 

 

The video was posted on YouTube where he has 18,000 subscribers. Since it was posted in July the clip and accompanying words have been viewed 6,547 times. 

 

The YouTuber says in the video that he is "on tour". 

 

Samang Jermpaen, 47, said she had been in business for 12 years. 

 

She said that claims about sex for sale on the premises were entirely false. She said that her staff are old and don't offer sex at her shop. 

 

The vlogger's claims are damaging to both her and other businesses in Pattaya and Bangkok. 

 

On Saturday she went to the Pattaya police first then was directed to the computer crime police. 

 

Pol Col Siriwat Deephor of the computer crime division said that his department are working with Pattaya police to track down the vlogger.

 

It is not known if he is still in Thailand at this time. 

 

Source: 77kaoded

 

 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-09-10
Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh Yes! The amazing Thai defamation laws, with excessively stupid sentencing, where what you said doesn't even need to be untrue to drop you in it.

Given Pattayas reputation, suggesting that someone saying massage shops in town offered happy endings, makes it tough to support her claim that the post was damaging to the town as well as her business.

And as for her business, she has probably damaged it more by her complaint than the Vlogger has, with many likely to now cross her off their list of "interesting" places to visit. :smile:

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, webfact said:

The YouTuber says in the video that he is "on tour". 

Well I hope he has had the good sense to continue on that tour well away from here. If he wasn't screwed in the massage shop, he most certainly will be if the cops get their hands on him.

Link to post
Share on other sites

And about time some of these dorks with a phone got busted. They have no right to intrude into other peoples affairs or business even if it is in a public space.

I occasionally look at some of the linked vlogs from this forum. One thing I see in common is that they are invariably boring and usually state the bleeding obvious in a manner which alludes that the vlogger has made a discovery akin to curing cancer.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like old Brit, with bad teeth, now hanging around Jomtien. Likes to creep around videoing folks making business transactions. Not surprised at all someone finally objected to his nonsense commentary. Hopefully this leds to deportation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, darksidedog said:

Oh Yes! The amazing Thai defamation laws, with excessively stupid sentencing, where what you said doesn't even need to be untrue to drop you in it.

Given Pattayas reputation, suggesting that someone saying massage shops in town offered happy endings, makes it tough to support her claim that the post was damaging to the town as well as her business.

And as for her business, she has probably damaged it more by her complaint than the Vlogger has, with many likely to now cross her off their list of "interesting" places to visit. :smile:

Imagine you would run a real traditional massage place.

And then some vlogger writes lies about you and your business. Would you like that? Or do you think the liar should be punished for that?

And if there is evidence that the massage place was not so traditional then there is anyhow no case.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Imagine you would run a real traditional massage place.

And then some vlogger writes lies about you and your business. Would you like that? Or do you think the liar should be punished for that?

And if there is evidence that the massage place was not so traditional then there is anyhow no case.

Let's be real here, there's no measureable business damage to her.

In a real country you wouldn't go anywhere with these non sense claims, unlike in Asia where you don't need to proof anything.

This guy has no audience, he's not elon musk, no tourist will ever watch that video and make a decision based on that, you could even argue it's advertisement instead.

 

Did she ever hear of the Streisand effect...

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Imagine you would run a real traditional massage place.

And then some vlogger writes lies about you and your business. Would you like that? Or do you think the liar should be punished for that?

And if there is evidence that the massage place was not so traditional then there is anyhow no case.

While I sympathise with anyone whose business or person is unfairly defamed, that last line shows you do not understand the Thai defamation laws. What he said can be proven to be 100% true and yet he can still be found guilty of defamation, carrying with that 5 years in jail and a ridiculous fine. She only needs to show that the comment made her look bad. Whether she was running a clean parlour or not, (and who is to know if one or more of her staff took it upon themselves to oblige a gentleman for a sly bonus), do you think that punishment fits the crime, especially since it may be true and therefore, not really a crime in our minds? And do you also think that Pattaya's image as a whole would be defamed by this case, which is what she is alleging?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

While I sympathise with anyone whose business or person is unfairly defamed, that last line shows you do not understand the Thai defamation laws. What he said can be proven to be 100% true and yet he can still be found guilty of defamation, carrying with that 5 years in jail and a ridiculous fine. She only needs to show that the comment made her look bad. Whether she was running a clean parlour or not, (and who is to know if one or more of her staff took it upon themselves to oblige a gentleman for a sly bonus), do you think that punishment fits the crime, especially since it may be true and therefore, not really a crime in our minds? And do you also think that Pattaya's image as a whole would be defamed by this case, which is what she is alleging?

 

Yes, my friend rated a household supplier badly on google maps, a guy that scammed him.

The guy/company had to refund him for the household furniture as a court ruled so, but sued him for defamation.

Fraud case won against the guy, Defamation case against friend still ongoing - it's a joke.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

ring ring.

"Hello, TM30 tracking and command center."

"Must find national security threat "Ric On Tour" where is he?"

"Not sure, but maybe go Cambodia." 

 

The trail went cold at the Makro fish counter🤔

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

While I sympathise with anyone whose business or person is unfairly defamed, that last line shows you do not understand the Thai defamation laws. What he said can be proven to be 100% true and yet he can still be found guilty of defamation, carrying with that 5 years in jail and a ridiculous fine. She only needs to show that the comment made her look bad. Whether she was running a clean parlour or not, (and who is to know if one or more of her staff took it upon themselves to oblige a gentleman for a sly bonus), do you think that punishment fits the crime, especially since it may be true and therefore, not really a crime in our minds? And do you also think that Pattaya's image as a whole would be defamed by this case, which is what she is alleging?

 

Thailand isn't the place to be a restaurant critic, is it. Although I do read reviews, which if favourable must be taken with a huge pinch of salt I suppose. Which makes them completely pointless.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Got to laugh at this country. You can be arrested and prosecuted FOR TELLING THE TRUTH. lol

On the other hand, most of the things here are happening looked through fingers. 

If you play along, what's the problem with getting a happy ending if someone wanted it? You can always say no if you don't want, or not?

 

Until you put it into public, with a silly YT video for clicks and attention ... and you get this kind of outcome. 

 

As obvious as it all seems, especially seems crazy when you talk about Pattaya, but what do we know the owner of the massage shop is dealing with in the background (politics/bribes etc.), to keep her shop open & running?

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...