Problems entering with a re-entry permit on ed visa

3 hours ago, wes360 said:

But half a million bhat bypasses that law right ? 

in a way it does, and makes sense too if you understand the point of Thailand.

Thailand is not an immigration country and is not interested to increase its population by way of having new comers. Thailand welcomes tourists - real tourists that is - that come for short visits and spend money as tourists. Thailand is clearly not interested in long stayers that live on low budget as this doesn't contribute anything to the country, yet those people use infrastructures and services meant for the local population. The government is willing to allow foreigners to stay in Thailand for extended period of time provided those people contribute to the country. So if you can get a job that qualifies you for a work permit -you can stay. If you are married to a Thai citizen and can support yourself through legal work or bring funds into the country - you can stay. If you are retired and can support yourself by bringing funds into the country - you can stay. If you are not qualified under those categories but have enough money to pay 1/2 million baht upfront - you can stay for 5 years.

3 hours ago, wes360 said:

I am here on a Ed visa and have done the required amount of lessons set by my school tbf I could of only done 80hrs but paid a little extra to do 20hrs more as I saw it worth the money so how did I abuse the system ? Why is this forum full of so many butt hurts 

It is not only about you !!!

why always take it personal. 

You are “only” one visa holder !!!

Or are you more than just “one’ ???

maybe you are 2, sorry I can’t see that you are 2. 

Edited by The Theory
Adding

7 hours ago, wes360 said:

But if I am going to try live here then at least I'm willing to learn the language, I know guys living here that are over 50 been coming for over 10 years and only know a handful of Thai words don't you think that's abit disrespectful ?

And don't worry about all the young studs running around shagging all the girls there is plenty to go around you old boys will still get yours don't worry

You really don't get it do you?

Apart from the Elite visa Thailand doesn't want you to live here. Unless of course you marry a Thai girl or knock one up and use the kid as an excuse to stay. 

Try and understand that then it will all make sense to you. Immigration make no secret of this.

• Sad 1

The same happened to me about six months ago.

I was coming back from Beijing with a re-entry permit on my ED visa.

I had like another three months left on it. After that, I had to get another six months for last level of reading and writing Thai, but my passport ran out of pages, so that’s why I had to go to Beijing, where the closest embassy of my homecountry is.

Anyways, I was making my way back to Thailand through Suvarnabumi airport. This old, sour faced IO looked at my passport and told me “You Russian you work in Pattaya” in a really rude way. I told him that I am not Russian and that I am a student. I do speak good Thai so thought he would then be a bit nicer to me. Boy was I wrong. He was asking me to call my school and let him talk to some managers. I told him that it was 4 o’clock in the morning and they are all at home sleeping... he had enough and asked another officer to interview me.
This woman was really <deleted> off too. She was not happy about my few tourist visas two years ago. I told her that me and my fiance were traveling at that time, he got a job and a work permit, I decided to study Thai, so he supports me and I’ve been a student ever since. She asked me if I can speak Thai, I told her that I can read and write too and that I want to finish all levels of it, that’s why I’m planing to stay another 6 months here studying.
She wanted to check if my fiance really exsists so asked for his name and date of birth. She was gone for some time, then came back and told me that yep she found him having a non-b visa. Then she told me it’s better if I studied in university not in a language school.
And after an hour of this she let me in.
Was not the most pleasant encounter, especially that first officer was kind of a <deleted>. Other ones were angry, but only doing their job.

After all, I haven’t been back home to my country not once in those three years of visas. So I can understand their concern. And I’m sure, people with long history of visas most likely will be questioned, doesn’t matter you have a re-entry permit or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

7 hours ago, London Boy said:

I recently finished a 9 month stint at Chakrit Muay Thai School in Phrom Phong. ฿38,000 for 75 lessons and the Ed visa. By no means staright forward, I saw IO offices occasionaly doing spot checks at the school, and Khun Chakrit often complained how hard they made it for him. They've recently reduced it to a 6 month visa now.

I've never had any education visa myself, but immigration officers are welcome to challenge my Muay Thai skills any day. As long as they sign a waiver beforehand, it would give me immense pleasure to demonstrate my skills on each of these useless muppets. They would be just as useless afterwards, just more in pain.

• Sad 1

Is it alright to do back to back ed visas? My girlfriend (filipino) will finish her thai language course on october 4th. Could she process a new application to a different school and enroll for a different language while finishing her current course? Before her current ed-visa she had 5 setvs and some visa exempt stamps. So the plan is to fly out and fly in on a visa exempt entry. Which airport is the best to fly in? Suvanabhumi or don muang? Sorry if too many questions. Thank you for the replies[emoji120]

Sent from my vivo 1820 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app