The state of Scottish football

Jockstar

Started with my generation really and the lack of football in schools level due to strikes and never recovered.

Other countries manage it so the blame really is at youth level and with the SFA and their lack of promotion of kids football and academy level training all over the country which just doesn't exist at all.

I'm impressed with Cove Rangers. They have a good crop of youngsters. Should win their league this season. 

The monopoly of two clubs since Sir Alex showed them how to win without being a giant. No club since has won the SPL in well over 30 years, apart from the Glasgow duo.

That's the reason IMO.

19 hours ago, owl sees all said:

I'm impressed with Cove Rangers. They have a good crop of youngsters. Should win their league this season. 

The monopoly of two clubs since Sir Alex showed them how to win without being a giant. No club since has won the SPL in well over 30 years, apart from the Glasgow duo.

That's the reason IMO.

This isn't the reason for lack of quality players coming through IMHO. Its the lack of grassroots football. Kids not out kicking a ball around . Not playing for their school and boys clubs. Or even the BB's. It really needs addressed asap.

Really tough gig for McTominay and Robertson. But tbh McTominay really looked nothing special against top opposition like Belgium, and it pains me to say it. Certainly not like how Keano seemed to perform three roles in one when bossing the midfield for Ireland. 

Archived