Pineapple

Anybody knows what soil is required to grow Pineapple? can you grow in sandy soil?

My friend grew the type of pineapple that is normally only found in South Thailand. Everyone including local ‘big-wig experts’ from the college of farming & horticulture said that it couldn’t be done so one year later he asked them to re-visit his farm with hundreds successfully growing.
They copy him now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

Anybody knows what soil is required to grow Pineapple? can you grow in sandy soil?

I'm in Kap Choeng Surin. The soil is clay and it is <deleted>. We brought back from Rayong 500 cuttings. The ground was dug out in a 1 meter radius and a serious amount of COW pies and straw were added, mixed and watered. The area was not touched for about a month. All 500 cuttings were put in the ground. Va la pineapple daiquiri.

image.png.d7862d376e1dc1f3f26abb3ad1683425.png

image.png.748fd2827c97ea8f048cccb321337ed8.png

I always  thought pineapples liked light land and they grew best in the southern provinces of Thailand .

But ,can anyone remember TV's Redbullhorn ,him of the catfish ,he posted a thread about someone near him doing very well growing pineapples, like Isan Farang  he was somewhere near Chaing  Rai ,so it can be done ,if I remember right the soil was on the heavy side. 

I suppose it is like rubber, when I first come to Thailand  rubber was only grown down south ,now Issan grows a lot ,seams no set places to grow any crops now .

PS Khwaibah,  a friend of mine use to work on a dairy co-op at Bang Supan ,in Prachuap Provence ,a lot of pineapples where grown in the area ,and any that did not make the grade ect , where feed to the dairy cows ,so if you have any left over ,your beef cattle would like them.

Archived