Wet season but high season queues AND TM30

easyride

Just arrived last week where the queues were horrendous, you'd have thought it was high season.

It took 15 minutes to process me once I got to the desk whereas its usually about two minutes.

What next? DNA samples? I'm all for security but being assumed to be a criminal is simply wrong. UK airports are worse.

Then my dear landlord of many years refused to register a TM30 because "it still valid" from two months ago. Who'll pay the fine when I go for an extension?

After 25 years of visiting this delightful country this is the last!

19 hours ago, easyride said:

Then my dear landlord of many years refused to register a TM30 because "it still valid" from two months ago. Who'll pay the fine when I go for an extension?

Tenants can file a TM.30 as "possessor" of a rental property.

On 9/12/2019 at 4:23 PM, easyride said:

Just arrived last week where the queues were horrendous, you'd have thought it was high season.

It is for the Chinese and Indians.

It took 15 minutes to process me once I got to the desk whereas its usually about two minutes.

Why? Can you give us a realistic, more precise, non-inflated timeline of that 15 minutes? Did you get your sai confused with your kwah? After 25 years no less?

What next? DNA samples? I'm all for security but being assumed to be a criminal is simply wrong. UK airports are worse.

You're not in the least bit "all for security" are you? Unless you think only criminals need fingerprinting of course.

You, of course.

After 25 years of visiting this delightful country this is the last!

Buh-bye.

On 9/12/2019 at 11:23 AM, easyride said:

If your landlord filed your TM30 two months ago, and afterwards you did not stay at a Hotel or other place that filed a TM30, he is correct and there is no need to re-file as nothing has changed.

If you are making frequent trips I can imagine that your landlord is not keen on having to file an updated TM30 each time you return.  But there are 2 possible options for this:

1. As the tenant, you could file the TM30 yourself (but to register you would need a copy of the housebook and a front-back copy of the owner's ID)

2. As TM30 compliance is only checked when going for an extension of stay, you could skip all intermediate updates, and only request your landlord to update your TM30 when you go for your extension of stay

Archived