You are not logged in ▶️ Click to sign-up or login ×
ASEANNOW Official TikTok account is now LIVE! -Follow Us! ×

Thai Power Outlets

Jamie

Since there is a difference in between the US and Thai power outlets with voltages, I need to pick up some type a converter to go from 220 V to 110 V. Instead of buying, would larger hotels have these available?

Unlikely that you would need such a converter. Virtually every electric appliance produced these days has a power supply range of 110-240 so can be used in any country with power in that range.

That's especially the case with portable appliances such as laptops, shavers etc.

Unlikely that you would need such a converter. Virtually every electric appliance produced these days has a power supply range of 110-240 so can be used in any country with power in that range.

That's especially the case with portable appliances such as laptops, shavers etc.

Be careful, many US appliances are 110V only, check the rating label.

Bendix is correct when it comes to laptops and other electronic devices, most have 'universal' PSUs :o

Meanwhile to answer the OP, hotels (except high class ones) probably won't have converters (they get stolen), they are however readily available for just about any Mom and Pop hardware store :D

What devices will you be bringing?

I had to get a converter for my US Xbox (cost me like 600 baht i think). Bought it from Fortune Town.

however readily available for just about any Mom and Pop hardware store smile.gif

I did not find them this readily available, i had to search around a bit to find one.

I was mainly thinking of my battery charger for the digital camera as well as an electric razor.

I would imagine these would be ok. But, to be sure, just check the power range on the device. If it says 110-220/240, you will be ok.

I was mainly thinking of my battery charger for the digital camera as well as an electric razor.

I would imagine these would be ok. But, to be sure, just check the power range on the device. If it says 110-220/240, you will be ok.

Agreed ^^^ The camera charger will almost certainly be Ok, check the rating on the shaver :o

I had to get a converter for my US Xbox (cost me like 600 baht i think). Bought it from Fortune Town.
however readily available for just about any Mom and Pop hardware store smile.gif

I did not find them this readily available, i had to search around a bit to find one.

Honestly, next time you need one go to one of the tiny places with loads of electrical stuff piled everywhere, they have everything imaginable (and some stuff that's not, our local place in Pathum Thani has for some reason, a very dusty box of UK style 13Amp plugs :o )

Granny will find one hiding in the amazing pile, I find it incredible that they know where anything is :D

Honestly, next time you need one go to one of the tiny places with loads of electrical stuff piled everywhere, they have everything imaginable (and some stuff that's not, our local place in Pathum Thani has for some reason, a very dusty box of UK style 13Amp plugs :o )

Granny will find one hiding in the amazing pile, I find it incredible that they know where anything is :D

!3A plugs will be useful when you go to the Oriental Hotel

• 9 months later...