Why Is Pattaya Such A Hole?

cm-happy

I've been to Pattaya once, about 6 years ago, went out of curiousity. Walked around for a while, and saw nothing but filthy beaches and sleazy looking beer bars. stayed for four hours and left. So what is the attraction?? Maybe it's me, or a case of "different folks have different strokes".

Did I go to the wrong area?,Or is ALL of the city the "wrong area". Any nice parts to go to?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been to Pattaya once, about 6 years ago, went out of curiousity. Walked around for a while, and saw nothing but filthy beaches and sleazy looking beer bars. stayed for four hours and left. So what is the attraction?? Maybe it's me, or a case of "different folks have different strokes".

Did I go to the wrong area?,Or is ALL of the city the "wrong area". Any nice parts to go to?

hmmmmm. went there 6 years ago, stayed for 4 hours and came up with this insightful piece of journalism.

FM

The attraction of Pattaya is that the ladies there do things that one's wife doesn't usually do.

Eg, have sex for money.

Many times wives actually do the same, only in most times quite a bit more expensive :D

Note to the PC brigade, I actually said many, not all :o

You have already answered your own question ...........i.e. "different folks have different strokes"

and here in Pattaya it sometimes stands out more than in other places .........and that makes the

world so interesting :o

These Pattaya bashers really amaze me. They hang around like the vultures they emulate waiting to fall on any bad news piece posted about the town. When such a piece to their taste fails to appear they start their own bashing thread.

Message to all: "If you don't like <insert town name> don't go there and don't infest internet forums covering <insert town name>"

There, not too difficult is it? But if you still can't get the idea just ask and a simpler explanation using single syllable words can be put together.

went to my office the other day...stood about four hours. Sat around for a while but saw nothing but unanswered mails and that nagging phone kept ringing.

Pffff, luckily Friday night is getting closer :o

No you didn't go wrong, and no, they aren't any nice parts.

From the Bangkok/Rayong highway in the East, to Bang Sarae in the South, and Laem Chabang in the North, the whole vast area is just one huge, great, decrepit sleaze ball of filth, degradation, moral turpitude.

Pattaya makes Sodom and Gomorrah look like a good place for a Sunday afternoon, family picnic.

My advice is to stay away forever, lest you become terminally infected.

saw nothing but filthy beaches and sleazy looking beer bars. stayed for four hours and left. So what is the attraction??

Sex mate, most people these days gloss over it with comments like, Im here because I love the weather ect ect, but its sex, avalible sex.

Never seen any nice areas, but heard there are some.

Where are they?

There was a thread some weeks ago..done a search can't find it.. it gave a list of places to visit other than bars/gogo bars etc. Can anyone help me out to locate the post...as I remember it was another patters basher who got the response!

The forum should create a Patters Basher site where all these negative posts could be logged. And people of like mind can go and bash?

Begs

Haven't been in Pattaya for over a year(or Thailand either) but will be going in a few hours and realy looking forward to it.Will be going will my non pfp thai girlfriend and her dad who always enjoys a few days there.Most of the time we will be shopping or eating out going to the cinema and visiting Koh Larn for the day with occasional evenings out dancing and a walk down walking street and take in a gogo or so.Whats so sleazy about that!Its there if you want it.Its YOUR choice how deeply you get involved in it.Pattaya is a city these days and as such has all the normal things a city should and does have.The PfP scene is more in your face as its a touist thing but don't let it put you off the rest of what Pattaya has to offer.

Can't we dream up some sort of automatic kill filter for these clowns that keep bad mouthing our town?

We know it's not perfect but then neither is paradise.

Edited by Rimmer

Interesting to note that on the General Topics Board a long term member Tornado, tells a horrific story of violence against him in Fphukit.

Interesting bit is the list of posters includes some well known Pattaya bashers full of sympathy for the victim ( quite rightly ) but not a word against their sainted isle.

Perhaps the OP would like to join in that thread ?

Rimmer wants a thread-killer for "these clowns that keep bad mouthing our town". begsaresponse wants a "Patters Basher site" Why? This is a public forum and not a dictatorship.

Hard to tell these days.

Meaning exactly what? :o

Lived in Pattaya for the last 15 years. Seen a lot of changes, largely for the better. The great thing is there's something for everbody. You can even sit on the beach if you want to !! (wouldn't have gone near it 15 years ago .......... sludge !!)

Bash on the bashers.......... I intend to stay for at least another 15

cheers :o

Edited by sinom

Rimmer wants a thread-killer for "these clowns that keep bad mouthing our town". begsaresponse wants a "Patters Basher site" Why? This is a public forum and not a dictatorship.

Hard to tell these days.

Meaning exactly what? :o

pumpui... shhhhhh!!!! there's a mod on the loose

It's been called Patpong on Steroids and Disneyland for Adults. You and I know it as Pattaya. I have lived in both Pattaya and Issan. Both are in the the country we love called Thailand.

You would really be pushed to find two more different places in the one country.

Both have their charms. Pattaya is a fun place - I wouldn't call it family friendly but there's plenty to do during the day time.

Peter

A CM person badmouthing Patters is like ____________ bad mouthing ____________. You fill in the

blanks, couldn't think of a witty one.

Been to CM many times in the last 15 years, and only see it getting worse.

1. The polution in the bowl is not just in the last months=year round. Go up Doi Suthep any

time of the year, and stop a couple k up at a look out, overlooking the city. A brownish cloud

will be there, no matter what time of the year, unless they have had a hel_l of a rain recently.

2. The traffic might be worse than BKK. Toxin gave some of his cronies contracts to make

these over/underpasses over three years ago. They ran the money out and most are

incomplete. No mass transit started, but needed.

3. Night Safari-need i say more??

4. Flooding almost every year 3-4 times.

Sorry original poster, but i have to call foul on this one. :o

Unlike some of the respondents, I dont take offense to any negative comments about CM. I dont own the place, I just live here! In fact agree wholeheartedly with them, especially about the air pollution problem and Night safari. Can thank that genius Taksin for that(NS), not CM.

This thread was not created as a Pattaya bashing thread, Had just one understandable response SEX,SEX,SEX!!!! Call a spade a spade. If you canot get it naturally, and have to buy it, Pattaya is the place for you. Must keep the local STD clinics busy, and a good income for the doctors.

Lived in Pattaya for the last 15 years. Seen a lot of changes, largely for the better. The great thing is there's something for everbody. You can even sit on the beach if you want to !! (wouldn't have gone near it 15 years ago .......... sludge !!)

Bash on the bashers.......... I intend to stay for at least another 15

cheers :o

Be sure and bring your bullet proof vest!