Why Is Pattaya Such A Hole?

cm-happy

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have lived in Pattaya for a year. It is a toilet. The best that can be done, is to insulate yourself against the smog, vermin, a$$hole Thais and more importantly the a$$hole Farangs. One only has to drive a few miles outside of the city to notice that things more slower, people don't drive quite like the maniac vermin they are, and things work a bit better.

Somewhere in the world God flushed the toilet and emptied the tank full of Russians into Pattaya. I used to think the Germans were rude but would gladly replace all the Igors with a German or two. The Russkies come here with pockets full of money but they sport little brains. I wonder how they made this money.

There is something about this place that seems to bring out the worst in everyone that comes here. The Thais are violent, the police rarely enforce important laws a good example of this is the ability to drive $hitfaced, crash your car, kill someone, and make a tit of yourself without ever being arrested.

I could go on - but I'm bored.

I get the impression that you dont really like Pattaya?

One of the original mega-rich Pattaya Thais, was the guy who opened the Marine Bar. He then went on to own other discos and hotels

He started as a fisherman (very small boat), then when the US started coming up to Pattaya for RnR from Sattahip, he started being a motorbike taxi driver then car taxi ..then did a deal on the original Marine bar site for the land to build a small bar with thai boxing, later started showing movies and then the disco was built (from Plywood)….as they say the rest is a true rags to riches story….sadly the old man (who you would have thought was a beggar) passed away last year…..a fact not really known was that he used to live & sleep in the Glass office on the right side near where the Dollhouse is now…a very humble man that had 3 attempts on his life by his partners (family)! Hand grenade outside Marine almost got him (1985-1989)

There were a few Thai’s who made serious money from the early tourist days here…NOT from Land as is the case now

We Germans on the board would like to thank Mr. Jeff Rosner for recognizing us superior to the Igors. It is always good to know where you are on the social ladder...

:o

Come on now raro - fess up to uncle Jeff, you really don't like them either - that's why you come here.

Over the past 18 months or so there have been any number of ‘Pattaya bashing’ threads.

One common feature is the presence of people who post with vitriol of such magnitude, that it defies all reason - even after the happy and contented residents of Pattaya, many with families and young children, write post after post pointing some of the better aspects of life in Pattaya, and that the city (Thailand's second largest), is much more than the area bounded by the beach and Third Road.

Another common feature you will find amongst those who trash Pattaya the most is that they almost invariably have had a bad experience here. We know this because many have subsequently been exposed by reference to posts made by the bashers elsewhere on Thai Visa– or indeed in other forums.

So every time I see a post full of such venom that it can only have been composed by a warped and twisted mind, I know for sure that they are either suffering from sexual frustration, or more likely, have tried their luck in Pattaya’s flesh pots and have come out second best, bearing a massive chip on their puny, cowardly shoulders.

Behind every extreme, unreasoning basher is a bitter, twisted and vengeful Pattaya hater. :o

It is good that this thread has not been closed. It repels statemenets like "Go to TV but be careful not to say anything bad about Pattaya there".

It would be unnatural that people who dislike or hate Pattaya can't say that on on the most prominent Thai related board, in it's very Pattaya section.

For me, all I do is water park with my kid, zoos, gardens and other family places, no beach. Ah, Lotus/Carefour after the pool.

While mixing with other tourists with children, I still have to hear one saying they would ever come back. Some even say they were trapped or even cheated - from the glossy brochures they could not believe the place is such a dump.

Without cars and local knowledge, for mid-aged Western couples 10 days holiday may turn into a torture (except the most dangerous and most thrilling part of their packages - a big night out (2 hours) at "Tiffany's").

Those who would return (mostly married to Thai) simply keep on doing that without even thinking if the place is comparable to Monaco or Copacabana. I am among them and as long as kids places, BP Hospital (and Lotus/Carefour) remain, the rest may be flattened I would not notice.

'At the very point where I am sitting now - some 15 kms East of Pattaya, the tranquil setting of the Mobi mansion is the epitome of good life in the Pattaya suburbs. For as far as the eye can see, there is nothing but drunken debauchery, perverted sex, and opium dens filled with drug crazed, disease ridden farangs, and their even filthier harlots. And Mafia gangs play 'chicken' with their mates in brown as they tear around the paddy fields on their shiny motorcycles, taking pot shots at each other, and doing irretrievable damage to passing palm trees."

i always wondered who my next door neighbour is. now my curiosity is satisfied.

:D

Cool! :D Really great way of putting it Dr. Naam. Star!

OP: My first 4 hours in Pattaya is "Classified Info". Too much fun!

Edited by ilyushin

We Germans on the board would like to thank Mr. Jeff Rosner for recognizing us superior to the Igors. It is always good to know where you are on the social ladder...

Its nice to be a Preuss!! But its higher to be a Bayer!! :D Nignoy

We reviewed a cruise from Puerto Rico to South America years ago. What the press agent did not tell us, was that the cruise ship had been completely booked by a German group. We got to see real Germans as they act with each other. We were the only non-Germans with the exception of the crew.

They were rude, loud, obnoxious ... I could use an entire dictionary to find not so kind words to describe them. Awful people who would nudge you out of a line to get in front of you, push you over a rail to see, without manners and little couth.

It was the longest week cruise I have ever taken.

watch your spelling Nignoy. in Bavaria no such expression like "Preuss" exists. it's always "Preiss".

:D :D :D

We reviewed a cruise from Puerto Rico to South America years ago. What the press agent did not tell us, was that the cruise ship had been completely booked by a German group. We got to see real Germans as they act with each other. We were the only non-Germans with the exception of the crew.

They were rude, loud, obnoxious ... I could use an entire dictionary to find not so kind words to describe them. Awful people who would nudge you out of a line to get in front of you, push you over a rail to see, without manners and little couth.

It was the longest week cruise I have ever taken.

Where are you from buddy?

They were rude, loud, obnoxious ... I could use an entire dictionary to find not so kind words to describe them. Awful people..

Jeff,

nota bene: there are Germans and there are Germans. i too was put off many times by the behaviour of my "fellow countrymen" especially when they are in groups and alcohol was involved. but the same goes for dozens of other nationalities. based on personal experience i can only say that impoliteness and misbehaviour depends mainly on from what social and/or educational level the "miscreants" hail.

generalizing and labelling nationalities because of a certain unpleasant encounter is not fair.

watch your spelling Nignoy. in Bavaria no such expression like "Preuss" exists. it's always "Preiss".

:D :D :bah:

My Quote is copied off a bumper sticker distributed by Bayern Munich in 1974, it has pride of place on my grandsons bedroom well along with Meier Zepps autographed goalie jersey :D Nignoy