Animation Software

bkkmick

Hi

Does anyone know of any free software out there that allows you to animate a gif file?

I only need it for 1 banner so free would be great.

All the best

Mick

If you have Adobe Photoshop, you can do animated GIF in that program.

Thanks MamboKing

I have PhotoShop and ImageReady. I tried doing it using both programs but couldn't find out how to (in ImageReady I have two frames of the same image but can't find out how to change the image in the second frame).

I've loads of work to do and only have 1 banner to animate so I thought that a little dedicated tool might make my life a bit easier.

Cheers

Mick

Thanks MamboKing

I have PhotoShop and ImageReady. I tried doing it using both programs but couldn't find out how to (in ImageReady I have two frames of the same image but can't find out how to change the image in the second frame).

I've loads of work to do and only have 1 banner to animate so I thought that a little dedicated tool might make my life a bit easier.

Cheers

Mick

I don't remember exactly now, but in AP CS2 you should select Window > Automation and you wiil see animation workspace. Then add pictures from Layers palette.

Thanks for the quick replies everybody (especially that link Mid)

I'm not too good with graphics but that simple MS Gif Animator did the trick nicely. Took 5 minutes to download, install and create the (boring but effective) graphic.

All sorted now.

Mick

Just this morning I installed DrawPLus. Too late to recommend, apparently.

It's free and the workspace, tools, and toolbars look very much like MS Word. There's a big button and a wizard and a separate File Menu entry for animating graphics.