Pheu Thai and Future Forward secretaries-general demand Prime Minister’s resignation

webfact

Pheu Thai and Future Forward secretaries-general demand Prime Minister’s resignation

IMG_5777.jpg

Opposition MPs kicked off their debate against Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha with calls, from Pheu Thai secretary-general Anudit Nakhontap and Future Forward secretary-general Piyabutr Saengkanokkul, for the resignation of the Prime Minister for his failure to recite the full oath of allegiance, as required by the Constitution.

Anudit began by saying that the swearing of an oath of allegiance is mandatory for those assuming public office. Failing to do so means that the government in question cannot assume the office and he cited the case of former US president Barak Obama, who had to take the oath a second time after he realized he made mistake in the original recital.

He described the Prime Minister’s omission of some key words in the oath as his refusal to promise to the people that he will follow the Constitution, for an instance, by refusing to provide funding for free education.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/pheu-thai-and-future-forward-secretaries-general-demand-prime-ministers-resignation/

thaipbs.jpg

Watching the debate and seeing Prayut blandly sitting there while the charges were brought against him by the Opposition made me think: 'He can do what he likes - say what he wants, or say nothing at all; he has no need to fear: he is PROTECTED. Those opposing him are like mere ants. They have no power'.

And why do they have no real power? Simple: because the Thai people en bloc have chosen not to give that power to those brave dissidents - for nearly six long years.

It is clear: freedom and human dignity do not mean enough to the Thais. They are simply not willing to fight for it.

End of story. Game over and done. The Powers That Should Not Be have won - without anything like a valiant fight from the millions and MILLIONS of Thai people ...

13 hours ago, Eligius said:

It is clear: freedom and human dignity do not mean enough to the Thais. They are simply not willing to fight for it.

The truth is Thais are just too damn lazy to do anything much... just scrape a living each day and not get involved in anything.... you won't see the likes of what's going on in HK over here.

14 hours ago, Eligius said:

Watching the debate and seeing Prayut blandly sitting there while the charges were brought against him by the Opposition made me think: 'He can do what he likes - say what he wants, or say nothing at all; he has no need to fear: he is PROTECTED. Those opposing him are like mere ants. They have no power'.

And why do they have no real power? Simple: because the Thai people en bloc have chosen not to give that power to those brave dissidents - for nearly six long years.

End of story. Game over and done. The Powers That Should Not Be have won - without anything like a valiant fight from the millions and MILLIONS of Thai people ...

I share your frustration but will not think that Thailand need another civil unrest after the carnage by the military in the last decade. It will damage the economy and the ordinary people will suffer; not the rich and powerful. We will have to see how the opposition representatives will move with a vote of no confidence. The prime minister can be removed by a vote of no confidence. However the process can't be repeated within one parliamentary session so the opposition lawmaker must meticulously planned and calculated their move with a good chance to win. 

13 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

I share your frustration but will not think that Thailand need another civil unrest after the carnage by the military in the last decade. It will damage the economy and the ordinary people will suffer; not the rich and powerful. We will have to see how the opposition representatives will move with a vote of no confidence. The prime minister can be removed by a vote of no confidence. However the process can't be repeated within one parliamentary session so the opposition lawmaker must meticulously planned and calculated their move with a good chance to win. 

Sorry, Eric, I have to disagree with you. 'A vote of no confidence' - and every and all 'laws' and 'procedures' - are clearly a complete and meaningless joke now in this land. The junta reign supreme. Laws and political conventions simply do not apply to them. They make up the rules and interpretations as they go along. They are in TOTAL control of this nation. 

The ruling mob CAN DO WHATEVER THEY WANT - IN PERPETUITY. No laws, rules, edicts, parliaments, politicians or anything at all can stop them (that's surely so obvious and plain by now) - 

UNLESS THE MILLIONS AND MILLIONS OF THAI PEOPLE DECIDE OTHERWISE (and don't hold your breath on that one!).

3 minutes ago, Eligius said:

Sorry, Eric, I have to disagree with you. 'A vote of no confidence' - and every and all 'laws' and 'procedures' - are clearly a complete and meaningless joke now in this land. The junta reign supreme.

The ruling mob CAN DO WHATEVER THEY WANT - IN PERPETUITY. No laws, rules, edicts, parliaments, politicians or anything at all can stop them (that's surely so obvious and plain by now) - 

UNLESS THE MILLIONS AND MILLIONS OF THAI PEOPLE DECIDE OTHERWISE (and don't hold your breath on that one!).

I agree with you but respectfully wish to point out that the junta don't reign supreme. The junta act on the behest of larger power. In an way, I see the oath omission has a double edge jeopardy for this government that their destiny is not in their hands. 

12 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

I agree with you but respectfully wish to point out that the junta don't reign supreme. The junta act on the behest of larger power. In an way, I see the oath omission has a double edge jeopardy for this government that their destiny is not in their hands. 

'On behest of larger power'.

Eric, you have hit the nail on the head - you have stated the truth, that is for sure.

No need for us to say any more about that!!!!!

14 hours ago, Eligius said:

Disagree.

Who is going to be the first one to die?

And then the next hundred?

And the next thousand?

Because that is what it will take.

34 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Truly a very sad state of affairs, you have a man omitting key words in his oath, then basically sticking up 2 fingers to the country, unbelievable.

Colin, I agree with you 1,000,000 %. It IS unbelievable, amazing, incredible, isn't it?

And it is all so very, very sad for any of us who believe in fair-play and justice.

On 9/18/2019 at 7:34 PM, Eligius said:

Brave dissidents - PTP 555555555555555555!!!

Cromwell speech to Parliament 1653 applies to Thailands Government today

It is high time for me to put an end to your sitting in this place,

which you have dishonored by your contempt of all virtue, and defiled by your practice of every vice.

Ye are a factious crew, and enemies to all good government.

Ye are a pack of mercenary wretches, and would like Esau sell your country for a mess of pottage, and like Judas betray your God for a few pieces of money.

Is there a single virtue now remaining amongst you? Is there one vice you do not possess?

Ye have no more religion than my horse. Gold is your God. Which of you have not bartered your conscience for bribes? Is there a man amongst you that has the least care for the good of the Commonwealth?

Ye sordid prostitutes have you not defiled this sacred place, and turned the Lord's temple into a den of thieves, by your immoral principles and wicked practices?

Ye are grown intolerably odious to the whole nation. You were deputed here by the people to get grievances redressed, are yourselves become the greatest grievance.

Your country therefore calls upon me to cleanse this Augean stable, by putting a final period to your iniquitous proceedings in this House; and which by God's help, and the strength he has given me, I am now come to do.

I command ye therefore, upon the peril of your lives, to depart immediately out of this place.

Go, get you out! Make haste! Ye venal slaves be gone! So! Take away that shining bauble there, and lock up the doors.

In the name of God, go!

Can't compare culture of Hong Kong with 100 years of past western rule, despite last 20 years under China. All residents and all generations in Hong Kong are confident in their freedom of speech and protest.

The truth is Thais are just too damn lazy to do anything much... just scrape a living each day and not get involved in anything.... you won't see the likes of what's going on in HK over here.

Archived