CW not accepting my online TM30

I have just been to CW today to extend my Visa.

A long time ago (maybe 12 weeks) my girlfriend applied for a password for the online app.

After 8 weeks with no password we decided to do a postal application. Just 5 days later we received the password.

Last Monday, we still hadn't received a receipt for the postal application and as we went outside Bangkok, we decided to do a TM30 on the app. All went well.

I took a screenshot and printed it out and attached to my passport.

Yesterday, we received the receipt from the postal application and I put it in my bag without giving it a thought.

Today at CW, when processing my Visa extension, the lady kept looking at the screen, typing in, looking at my passport and so on. Eventually she said to me that there was a mistake . After a few minutes discussion I remembered that I had the receipt for the postal application and gave it to her. To my relief she accepted that.

On another note, I went with about 20 teachers and we all had the same papers, yet she said that the form that I used for applying for extension of stay was outdated and gave me a new one to fill in. As far as I could see the wording was identical, but the format was different. None of the others was required to fill in the new form.

It all goes to show that everything depends on the officer dealing with the application.

Sent from my SM-C710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I presume that the print-out of the online application which you did, was not exactly same as the one you sent earlier by post.

That might explain the lady's confusion. 

But it looks from your story that your extension of stay was approved after that was clarified.

Or am I missing something?

Which desk? Lnn?

Did my extension today at CW, used standard TM7 PDF - same as the past ~ 5 years, no issues - there were three "extra forms" distributed at doc pre-check. MY TM30 is on file, done digitally via the web-site on my most recent return 5 July 2019. Printout of screen grab retained.

Was granted "leniency", only nine months (9) of transfers (Jan-Sep), didn't even come up with intial IO, or the subsequent three levels of review/approvals. Watching the doc stacks move around is interesting. Having an agent - I didn't - is a plus...those folks swan in, wai here and there and bang, they're done in a flash. Us plebs wait around for ~ 90 minutes.

Have to say the organization at CW re: pre-pre-pre queue, pre-pre que, pre queue and final queue is impressive. Was out in decent order, ~ 10:25-ish.

Seemed a bit smoother than last year with the Embassy letter. Get a BF on the same day for your passbook before queuing.

33 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Which desk? Lnn?

Did my extension today at CW, used standard TM7 PDF - same as the past ~ 5 years, no issues - there were three "extra forms" distributed at doc pre-check. MY TM30 is on file, done digitally via the web-site on my most recent return 5 July 2019. Printout of screen grab retained.

Was granted "leniency", only nine months (9) of transfers (Jan-Sep), didn't even come up with intial IO, or the subsequent three levels of review/approvals. Watching the doc stacks move around is interesting. Having an agent - I didn't - is a plus...those folks swan in, wai here and there and bang, they're done in a flash. Us plebs wait around for ~ 90 minutes.

Have to say the organization at CW re: pre-pre-pre queue, pre-pre que, pre queue and final queue is impressive. Was out in decent order, ~ 10:25-ish.

Seemed a bit smoother than last year with the Embassy letter. Get a BF on the same day for your passbook before queuing.

Are we talking about the same place??????

I was there at about 8.15. We didn't get in until about 2 pm. It took about 20 minutes to process my application. 

Yes, I received the extension.

1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:

I presume that the print-out of the online application which you did, was not exactly same as the one you sent earlier by post.

That might explain the lady's confusion. 

But it looks from your story that your extension of stay was approved after that was clarified.

Or am I missing something?

As far as I know it should be the same. We sent the same documents by mail as we submitted online.

Anyway, yes I received the extension.

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Which desk? Lnn?

Say what! You went to CW for annual extension?

Out by 10.25?....am or pm

• Like 2

11 hours ago, petedk said:

Are we talking about the same place??????

I think so. 

I arrived ~ 06:25, got pre-pre-pre-pre queue number 111. Re-queued at ~ 08:00, doors opened at ~ 08:20, queued again for desk assignment, got number L1 14. Pre-doc check done ~ 08:50-ish, first IO at 09:20 stamp stamp approve in ~ 10 minutes, then wait ~ 1 hour for passport back. That three-level approval takes a while as stacks of 6 - 8 passports move manually around in batches from/to each successively more senior officer.

Some areas seemed busy yesterday, the N-desk area was chock-ablock with LDS missionaries, the C desk seemed sparse, didn't look into the 90-day room. The TM30/B area also seemed sparse. By the time I got my passport back they might have been serving L1 25-ish?

Edited by mtls2005

I think so. 

I arrived ~ 06:25, got pre-pre-pre-pre queue number 111. Re-queued at ~ 08:00, doors opened at ~ 08:20, queued again for desk assignment, got number L1 14. Pre-doc check done ~ 08:50-ish, first IO at 09:20 stamp stamp approve in ~ 10 minutes, then wait ~ 1 hour for passport back. That three-level approval takes a while as stacks of 6 - 8 passports move manually around in batches from/to each successively more senior officer.

Some areas seemed busy yesterday, the N-desk area was chock-ablock with LDS missionaries, the C desk seemed sparse, didn't look into the 90-day room. The TM30/B area also seemed sparse. By the time I got my passport back they might have been serving L1 25-ish?

Now I understand.

I was in the N1 queue

Sent from my SM-C710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

15 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

I think so. 

Yeah right. Many areas bkk would take well over an hour to get to CW. So my plan is to leave condo at about 4.30- 5.00 am?

How do I handle the bank activity on the day of application to match bank letter. Some will say get letter day before and update at ATM machine on the day. Has not worked for me in last 7 yrs.

I always arrive about 8.30-9

Go straight to ticket issue desk with all my docs...get que # then down to bank for letter along with deposit. Never been out before lunch. Always back after the hour break. And that was before the tm30 <deleted>. Its a full day effort for most folk