My retirement extension experience today

As the title says I did my retirement extension today at Ayutthaya IO.

Ayutthaya is a small friendly office which rarely gets busy unless the visiting monks have to do an extension, which today they did ☹️

Anyhoo, visited Bangkok Bank for my statement and bank letter ( 200 baht ), updated my passbook and made a transaction also in the morning to visit immigration at 1pm.

Ayutthaya has a desk in the lobby to check docs but also now does 90 days reporting , a new IO extremely flustered by his new position and workload. This makes the lobby packed with people and everyone trying to get next in line, total mayhem, did notice an American couple way behind me miraculously had a number lower than mine [emoji848]

He examined my docs and being on the cautious side he made copies of every page of my passport and my bank passbook !!

A month ago I had done a 90 days report and on returning my passport he had noticed the extension date of September 25th and physically changed my 90 days receipt from Nov 17th to Sept 25th ??. Turns out he was wrong and it remains Nov 17th.

Armed with my wad of paperwork I entered the main room, 3 IO’s dealing with the awaiting foreigners. Very slow going, noted 2 lady IO’s getting through the pack while the 1 male IO looked a little out of his depth !. Many people being sent out to get more copies of one doc while other unnecessary copies being laid to one side.

The poor overworked IO in the lobby has his days numbered I feel!

Eventually I got my turn and the lady IO efficiently gave me an extension stamp, a re-entry permit and a new 90 receipt.

Then to the Capt’s desk for his final signature/stamp, strangely he made another 3 copies of pages in my passport !!

While Ayutthaya IO’s are all very friendly and efficient ( well 50% anyway ) I do feel that they are going overboard with the copying documents, and no ! they don’t charge for copies !!

TM30 was not mentioned specifically but they did ask for a copy of my landlords ( gf ) ID and Tabien Baan ( luckily I was prepared ) and the same for another Brit who I got chatting to.

Soo, there you have it , sorry it was so long winded !!

Could have just written:

“ did extension, no TM30 “ [emoji849]

Did you use 800k, monthly income, combination, or embassy letter?

800k works for me.

Monthly income, don’t like the risk of having the wrong transfer codes causing a problem.
Combo, sounds like that option is being phased out by reports on here.
Embassy letter, good old British Embassy made my decision for me on that one.