Myanmar boy, 5, dies from injuries in pickup U-turn collision

webfact

Myanmar boy, 5, dies from injuries in pickup U-turn collision

By The Phuket News

1568965827_1-org.jpg

The scene of the accident last Sunday night (Sept 15). Photo: Supawatkan Kulnaraksana

PHUKET: The 5-year-old Myanmar boy seriously injured when the motorbike he was sitting on with his mother and father slammed into the side of a pickup truck making a U-turn in Chalong last Sunday has died.

The boy, nicknamed “Pla”, suffered serious injuries to his head and both legs in the accident on Chao Fa West Rd near Chalong Circle last Sunday night (Sept 15).

His father, Thein Zaw, 39, suffered head injuries and a broken left leg while his mother, Poehnin Phyu, 35, suffered severe neck and head injuries in the impact and was soon pronounced dead soon after.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/myanmar-boy-5-dies-from-injuries-in-pickup-u-turn-collision-72951.php#RjHoWKebyulG7qdh.99 

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-09-20

speed and no helmets once again plus an inconsiderate driver, nothing new on thai roads, sorry for the little boy. Enforced road rules would help stop this carnage but it would mean the police doing what they are paid for, will never happen

17 hours ago, seajae said:

speed and no helmets once again plus an inconsiderate driver, nothing new on thai roads, sorry for the little boy. Enforced road rules would help stop this carnage but it would mean the police doing what they are paid for, will never happen

Where does it say 'speed and no helmets once again' ?

Just a touch of victim blaming?

1 minute ago, Muhendis said:

That pickup driver should have the book thrown at him. The damage is to the drivers door so I think he just didn't look before his manoeuvre.

You should have the book thrown at you, a big book and very hard, how do you or anybody else know that the pick up wasn't turning at the U with his right indicator showing, it was quite an impact and almost square on, could possibly have been concentration lapse by motorbike, i say could be because like you i wasn't there.

1 hour ago, fantom said:

Where does it say 'speed and no helmets once again' ?

Just a touch of victim blaming?

Pure guesswork, I presume. However, all three victims on the motorbike suffered severe head injuries, plus the damage to the motorbike and the pick-up driver's door would indicate that the bike was going at great speed. However, without knowing the speed limit at the location and all other factors, it is pure and simple speculation.

1 hour ago, Almer said:

You should have the book thrown at you, a big book and very hard, how do you or anybody else know that the pick up wasn't turning at the U with his right indicator showing, it was quite an impact and almost square on, could possibly have been concentration lapse by motorbike, i say could be because like you i wasn't there.

Maybe you are right but having your indicator showing does not give you right of way. If someone is coming along at speed to pass you do you not wait?

1 hour ago, Almer said:

There is no U turn there. Clearly the truck made an illegal U by going into left lane and turning into the right lane. Bike likely at speed drove straight into him. Truck driver to blame.

Archived