British Passport for Thai Daughter Born in Thailand

We are going through the process to get a passport from my Thai daughter. 

I received a letter saying "Certified True Copies and translations" are required for both the Mother and Child's Birth Certificates.

We got the translations at one of the registered translation services on the gov.uk website - so i am guessing the translations are okay. How do you get "certified true" copies? Do I need to go the registration office and get a "stamped" copy? We sent a photocopy of the original along with a notarised translation? 

TIA

Jinky11, I'm about to start this process.

Did you have to send the original of your British passport? I need mine to travel frequently.

For wife's ID, did you use a passport or ID card?

For child's proof of address did you use the birth certificate or house book?

The guidance notes say send originals unless copies are asked for. So did you submit the original Thai docs as well as the translations?

Maybe a solicitor office can also certify copies?

On 9/20/2019 at 10:38 AM, jinky11 said:

Do I need to go the registration office and get a "stamped" copy? We sent a photocopy of the original along with a notarised translation? 

You need to check with your embassy if they require your translation to be "legalized" by the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

If needed, you should be able to do it by EMS, but let the Thai mum talk to the department, and agree the procedure, and how the fee shall be paid.

I had to do a legalization for my Scandinavian embassy.

10 minutes ago, khunPer said:

You need to check with your embassy if they require your translation to be "legalized" by the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

If needed, you should be able to do it by EMS, but let the Thai mum talk to the department, and agree the procedure, and how the fee shall be paid.

I had to do a legalization for my Scandinavian embassy.

For my sons UK Application no legalisation required, just a stamp from the company in Bangkok who did the translation stating they were certified. 

• Like 1