QR code DL

FireMedic

I got both my car and bike license when I lived there and I still use them when I come back and rent cars. Has anyone gone to upgrade the license from the old one to the new ones with the QR code on the back? Is it a huge hassle? Since I live in Singapore now, I was just wondering if they are going to check visas or go through the whole thing again?

I think just to exchange your license to a QR code one, it does not require any paperwork. I remember exchanging my driver's license when I got a new passport. So they could enter my new passport number. I just had to hand in my old drivers license (which was not expired) and a copy of my new passport. Then I got a new driver's license right away.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

All new Thai Drivers Licenses will have the QR code, when it is time for renewal you will get the new License with QR code.

I also downloaded the DLT QR Licence App and used the QR code to register my Licenses on the App, apparently you dont need to carry your drivers license and can show your lic on your phone, I haven't tried it with the Police yet, and have heard some conflicting stories, time will tell.

Archived