New computer build - display port to VGA< HDMI and DVI adapters

wayned

I'm looking at building a new computer but I'm not in a hurry as the old beast is working fine now that it has a new power supply.  This, is what I am looking at:

image.png.84e901549f8c0e7a032eebc16625bfac.png

I am going to use  the Ryzen 5 3400G as the embedded graphics are better han the Ryzen3, Vega 11 vs Vega 8,  and not add a GPU unless this configuration doesn't do what I want.  Everything that I have read says that it will.  The one thing that concerns me is the X570 MB, all that I have looked at , at most, only have an HDMI and Display output port.  I would use the HDMI to the TV but do not have a display port on my new Acer monitor. , VGA, DVI and HDMI only.  There are converters available to covert the display output to any of the three inputs that I have.  Some are active, some are passive and the prices are all over the place.  Do these adapters work?  Will the computer correctly boot if I use one on my monitor?

My other option would be to use the B450 MB which has VGA, DVI and HDMI outputs and is 3240 baht cheaper with "reduced performance", but I don't no what that means.

I'm only going to use it as a home computer and <at most, only stream video fron the net.  I don't intend to play games. 

Does anybody have any experience using any of these adapters and , if so, which is the best, what is the brand and where is it available?

If you plan to use only 3400G, I would suggest skipping X570, it's much more expensive than B450 and you won't find any benefits unless you plan to use two graphics card or Zen 2 CPU. Any DP to Hdmi or Vga adapter would work fine. I would suggest to add little more to get Ryzen 3600, performance is almost double of 3400G, you can get a cheap graphics as temporary and upgrade later.

1 hour ago, shady86 said:

If you plan to use only 3400G, I would suggest skipping X570, it's much more expensive than B450 and you won't find any benefits unless you plan to use two graphics card or Zen 2 CPU. Any DP to Hdmi or Vga adapter would work fine. I would suggest to add little more to get Ryzen 3600, performance is almost double of 3400G, you can get a cheap graphics as temporary and upgrade later.

I already bought the 3400G and you confirmed pretty much as expected about the X570 MB.  Looks like I'll save 3240 baht by using the B450 and no need for adapters..  I read a lot about using the Ryzen5 with the B450 MB.  There seem to be many problems with it booting unless the bios is upgraded.  I hope that a new board will have the latest BIOS.

Get a B450 instead of the X570 mainboard, way cheaper

You can save some money on the power supply (no idea if this model is good, but if you pick a model with less watts it's cheaper), 450W is more than enough for your system

Afaik the "standard" ram frequency for a ryzen 3xxx system is 3200mhz, and i've read that slow ram slows ryzen down quite a bit, so you might want to invest the few hundred baht more.

4 hours ago, wayned said:

I already bought the 3400G and you confirmed pretty much as expected about the X570 MB.  Looks like I'll save 3240 baht by using the B450 and no need for adapters..  I read a lot about using the Ryzen5 with the B450 MB.  There seem to be many problems with it booting unless the bios is upgraded.  I hope that a new board will have the latest BIOS.

Ouch, for 2k B more Ryzen 5 3600 is much better choice ????

Anyway, B450 is more than good enough for 3400G unless you plan to upgrade CPU later.

You can send back the board to shop in case it could not boot with 3400G.

7 hours ago, shady86 said:

Ouch, for 2k B more Ryzen 5 3600 is much better choice ????

Anyway, B450 is more than good enough for 3400G unless you plan to upgrade CPU later.

You can send back the board to shop in case it could not boot with 3400G.

I had been flipping and flopping between the Ryzen =3 3200G and the Ryzen5 3400G when JIB had a sale on the 3400G and I bought it to stop me from not making a decision.  I never looked at anything the cost more as the line in the sand as far as price had already been reached with the 3400G.

1 hour ago, KneeDeep said:

How did the NVMe SSD change from Pro to Lite?

Whoops! Thanks for the heads up, back to PRO.  I guess that  I saw ADAAD 256 and just clicked on it without reading the description and lower price.

13 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

My general advice:

Get a brand name power supply.

Buy a good keyboard and mouse. That is what you will use all the time. If I had the choice I would spend 1000B more on the keyboard and mouse even if I have to buy a slower CPU.

I use a good Logitech keyboard but buy the cheap ones as I also eat at my computer desk and have a herd of dogs that sometimes think that the wire is a "chew toy".  It's a new build so it will have a brand new power supply.  I'm not going to decommission my old beast as it is working Okay and the build will be a learning experience for me.

I use a wireless keyboard. That way you don't need to sit too close to the screen. Especially if you've splashed out on a large screen monitor and also are using a TV as a second monitor.

You can buy wireless keyboards with touch-pads. So not even a need for a mouse. So you can surf from your armchair.

Archived