Non-O Ed to Non-O based on marriage questions

Hi guys, currently on an Ed visa, it finishes next April. I got married earlier this year, haven't bothered with changing visa yet but figure I should start planning.

I was reading you can just apply for an extension based on marriage without leaving the country? Does it depend on immigration? I'm in Chiang Mai if that helps.

Also, doing this would I need the 400k in the bank a certain amount of months before applying for this initial extension/change?

Cheers.

It is possible to change from a extension of stay based upon attending a school to one based upon marriage to a Thai.

You would need 400k baht in a Thai bank in you name only for 2 months on the date you change the reason for the extension.

It can certainly depend upon the immigration office you do it at . Best to ask them about.

If not then you would need to get a single entry non-o visa to apply for the extension. It is fairly easy to get one in Vientiane or Savannakhet where no financial proof is needed.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It is possible to change from a extension of stay based upon attending a school to one based upon marriage to a Thai.

You would need 400k baht in a Thai bank in you name only for 2 months on the date you change the reason for the extension.

It can certainly depend upon the immigration office you do it at . Best to ask them about.

If not then you would need to get a single entry non-o visa to apply for the extension. It is fairly easy to get one in Vientiane or Savannakhet where no financial proof is needed.

Thanks. If I go outside Thailand to get one, can I get a year long multi entry with no issues, providing the ED Visa is cancelled by leaving Thailand so I have a clean slate when applying? 

23 minutes ago, mapleleafrag said:

Thanks. If I go outside Thailand to get one, can I get a year long multi entry with no issues, providing the ED Visa is cancelled by leaving Thailand so I have a clean slate when applying? 

only in courty of your origin

10 hours ago, mapleleafrag said:

You can get a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage to Thai that allows unlimited 90 day entries for a year from the date of issue at the consulates in Savannakhet, Laos or Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam with no financial proof needed.

• Like 1