Woman, 72, rescued after spending four nights in Korat forest

webfact

Woman, 72, rescued after spending four nights in Korat forest

By The Nation

Korat.jpg

Picture: CH7

A woman, 72, who became lost in a forest in Nakhon Ratchasima’s Wang Nam Khiew district on Friday afternoon was found safe but cold on Tuesday.

Huay Khongking, 72, was found in a forest behind the Sakaerat environmental research centre in Tambon Udomsup after the village head of Moo 11 village in the tambon sought help from forestry officials.

The elderly woman was shivering and completed soaked following three days of heavy rain in the village, the village head, Pathumthip Nuanyanus, said.

Forestry officials had to carry the woman out of the forest and take her to hospital where she received a medical checkup and was discharged.

The village head said Huay went into the forest to collect wild mushroom and got lost.

Pathumthip said it was the second time that Huay had become lost in the forest. Last year, she was lost for two nights but found her way out on the third day.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30376691

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-09-25

I thought its illegal to get mushrooms in forest land? I have public land behind us and people are allowed and they are so fn annoying. All night creeping around our fence lines sometimes coming in our property, dogs barking and such.. This and frog finding is so stupid. These morons can grow mushrooms and frogs for basically no cost what so ever and have them all year round.

These people act like foraging is survival and ecologically sound but its the 21st century. Get a real hobby or something and leave sht be i reckon.

5 hours ago, henry15 said:

Koreans do it all the time

Yes indeed. After rain the road was flood with about a feet of water and I saw a korean lady carried her husband from the restaurant to the tour bus. First she took off her shoes and passed them to her husband then the husband rode piggyback to the tour bus.

So the husband was dry and comfortable.

Farang should find Korean wife because they look after you, it's the duty of wife to look after husband in Korea. Just ask some korean if you don't believe me.