Online & Renewing driving licence

Spellforce

My wife tried to renew her (5 years to 5 years) driving licence. We came at 8AM, she took a ticket and she has been called at 9h30. They told her than the video cessions were fulled, come back tomorow at 7AM (!!!) or book a ticket online.

She went to their website, and if you are thai (LOGIN = Thai ID Card), you can book a ticket.

She booked a ticket for a few days and it asks to come between 9h and 10h30 AFTERNOON.

Does it really mean between 15h and 16h30 ? (the office closes at 16h30).

So does it mean than she can come at 15h, do their tests, watch their video 1H and then they do photos and obtain her DL ?

Can it be SO easy ???

6 minutes ago, Spellforce said:

She went to their website,

What's the website address ?

7 minutes ago, Spellforce said:

9h and 10h30 AFTERNOON

Id guess  9AM - 10.30AM ?  anyway if she goes early and it turns out to be afternoon then at least she won't be late.

1 hour ago, johng said:

What's the website address ?

She installed their android application "DLT Smart Queue": https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.DLT.SmartQueue&hl=en

1.png.f62f0c7b480d6a15b9b113c0ec939f94.png

NOT  the "DLT QR LICENCE" !!!

1.png.fc4ec8a8c1302c0f4d39736ac8677167.png

That new (?) appilcation is ONLY for the thais, you can't register with a passport number, it only works with a thai ID card !

44 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

9 - 10:30 AFTERNOON...means just that...you must learn to think like a Thai...????

9 o clock in Thailand is 6AM + 9 hours = 15H in afternoon

If they wrote only 9H in that application done by thais for the thais ... ok that's 3PM for sure. But that "afternoon"... I dont know what to think ?

I just would like a confirmation... appointment at 9AM or 3PM ? but not easy here because we are all farangs and that new system is for the thais !

PS: it looks like that for the thais now they have 2 options to renew their DL:

1 - As the farangs come early before 8AM, wait hours etc...

2 - Use only the application "DLT Smart Queue", come at 3PM and everything will be done in 1h30 (including the 1h video watching)

That would explain why my wife has been rejected for the video: she came too late (8h15 AM) and all the video cessions of the morning were full (afternoon videos are for the people coming from internet), and that's why they told her: "come at 7AM (to be sure to watch the video in morning)) ok book on internet (to be sure to watch the video in afternoon).

15 hours ago, Spellforce said:

She installed their android application "DLT Smart Queue": https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.DLT.SmartQueue&hl=en

Thanks for that ????    bit of a shame its no use to foreigners.

15 hours ago, Spellforce said:

9 o clock in Thailand is 6AM + 9 hours = 15H in afternoon

I believe government offices go by the 24 hour clock  the same as used worldwide...yes Thailand has its own  "un-usuall" time system  but its not used for official government business as far as I know.

Every place is different. I renewed my 5 year licence yesterday at Bung Sam Pan ( lower Petchabun ) and there was no queuing system. A few people had used the new android app. Most had not.

I arrived at 8.00 a.m. and there were a few people milling around outside. At 8.20 we were let in and licence applicants went upstairs. There they started processing people in batches. 

People applying for a first licence had to fill in the application form and then were sent for immediate testing of color vision and reflexes etc. They then went outside to do the driving test parts.

About 8.50 the girl took my photocopied documents ( tabien bahn + passport + visa + old licence ) and I was put with the first batch to watch the 1 hour safety video. Leaving this we then took the 4 tests on

1) peripheral vision color.

2) traffic light

3) depth of vision

4) braking test.

Finally our pictures were taken and those that passed the above 4 tests got there new licences.

Whole process took 3 hours.

16 hours ago, Spellforce said:

That new (?) appilcation is ONLY for the thais, you can't register with a passport number, it only works with a thai ID card !

Wonder if my pink ID card would work - same number of #'s

And is a Thai ID card

Have to try it in 5 years

Archived