Low income households will get free electricity and water for another year

webfact

15 hours ago, BritManToo said:

The electricity was always free, if you used less than 100 units (?).

When I lived in my gfs house, 10 years back, we got free electric every other month.

That was under Thaksin, nothing to do with the general, it isn't a reform.

It was the Abhisit Government that brought that in.

16 hours ago, Madgee said:

TBH. This is by the far the most sensible way of helping those who cannot or will not help themselves.

This is far more sensible than just giving cash or vouchers and setting a usage limit to stop people taking advantage of the scheme is well thought out. (Did I really say that!)

When I first came to Thailand I lived in a 35sq m box, used the air-con and my electricity bill was always under 350฿ and water cost was minimal so I think the utility value amounts are reasonable considering most of the applicable households wouldn't have air-con installed. 

I wish the UK would do similar schemes instead of just handing out cash willy nilly. (Winter heating allowance comes to mind).

Well done Thailand +1 (Can't believe I actually said that as well!) 

You are either talking BS or you rarely used your Aircon for it to be 350 PM

11 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

They may do that on purpose so he doesn't see all the ugly wires hanging everywhere !

It would be awesome to see Prayuth meeting Trump and suddenly all goes dark....Trump will laugh and comment about it and Prayuth will order decent electrical networks for BKK.

I mean come on, aren't you guys tired of electricity fall outs after rain? I am! And it's no surprise it happens if you look at the way thai build electrical systems.

On 9/28/2019 at 9:39 AM, fruitman said:

It would be awesome to see Prayuth meeting Trump and suddenly all goes dark....Trump will laugh and comment about it and Prayuth will order decent electrical networks for BKK.

I mean come on, aren't you guys tired of electricity fall outs after rain? I am! And it's no surprise it happens if you look at the way thai build electrical systems.

It doesn't have to rain for our power to go out

Archived