MPs cannot be surprised by Brexit anger - Johnson's adviser

snoop1130

2 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

You can't be serious. May's agreement was/is appalling.

Will we ever get one as good?

I’m hoping we rejoin and adopt the Euro while the pound is still close to parity, but for me, it doesn’t matter, because I’m good at arithmetic

18 hours ago, JonnyF said:

It’s a shame Corbyn doesn’t have the stones for a general election. Probably a good move though considering he’d get wiped out by the pro Brexit tories.

Corbyn just wait, till UK export to the EU is hot by WTO-import duty, making UK products in some cases even completely out of competition = loss of UK jobs. The extra as for all "third country citizens" a Schengen visa and the British will massively vote for others than the Tories.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, oldhippy said:

Clearly more then half of the anglo saxons (UK and US) are NOT infected by mad cows disease, so I am certainly not generalising.

But indeed we Europeans have to be carefull that we do not import Trumpness and Bojoness.

We are all Europeans, i.e. all those who live on the continent of Europe (Which I believe joined Asia at the Caucasus some while before I was born). That of course includes the "British Isles" named after the Pretani a Celtic tribe of Immigrants. You could have kept the Angles, Saxons, and Jutes, to yourselves considering the problems they have given us, and it is clear from recent history, and posts here and elsewhere that a high proportion are indeed totally barking. To add insult to injury you also gave us your surplus Normans with their utterly vile Feudal system. The cap doffing brethren are still with us, taught by the Normans to "Know their place", and they have given us a long run of toff-child Etonians to lord it over us.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

Corbyn just wait, till UK export to the EU is hot by WTO-import duty, making UK products in some cases even completely out of competition = loss of UK jobs. The extra as for all "third country citizens" a Schengen visa and the British will massively vote for others than the Tories.

Johnson peed in the poisoned chalice, and now he’s got to drink it.  Let him deliver a Brexit that is acceptable to Parliament, and then we can elect somebody to set about recovery from this foolishness.  

Lemmings know that despite the idiocy of running over a cliff, recovery only starts afterwards.

We had a chance of Brexit, and it was sabotaged.  The Tories put Guy Fawkes in charge of government; let him solve the problem he created.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

Why aren,t the MPs carrying out the wishes of the people who voted them into their jobs. What a bunch of tossers !

They try to find already 3 years to find an answer for "WHICH form of Brexit". Till now only.. no. no. no. no. no.

Therefore time to go back for a referendum:

1) Remain, as it is

2) Leave, and in form:

2a) a hard Brexit, whatever the consequences might be, even when Scotland steps out, or even Northern Ireland ( and Wales) = England left

2b) a Canada deal (CEPA)

2c) a Norway deal

2d) a Swiss deal

2e) the May dal

2f) an Ukraine association

2g) the Boris deal, whatever that might be 

The two winners of this referendum in a last referendum, as in MANY developed democracies over the world for such an important decission

british voting.jpg

Edited by puipuitom
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

We are all Europeans, i.e. all those who live on the continent of Europe (Which I believe joined Asia at the Caucasus some while before I was born). That of course includes the "British Isles" named after the Pretani a Celtic tribe of Immigrants. You could have kept the Angles, Saxons, and Jutes, to yourselves considering the problems they have given us, and it is clear from recent history, and posts here and elsewhere that a high proportion are indeed totally barking. To add insult to injury you also gave us your surplus Normans with their utterly vile Feudal system. The cap doffing brethren are still with us, taught by the Normans to "Know their place", and they have given us a long run of toff-child Etonians to lord it over us.

Racism based on slights over 900 years ago is pretty extreme.  Do you bear a grudge against Homo Sapiens as well?

6 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

I’m hoping we rejoin and adopt the Euro while the pound is still close to parity, but for me, it doesn’t matter, because I’m good at arithmetic

Oh those wonderful days when there were 100 rupees to the £, and 50 Bhats to the £. I used to tell my son when there were 50 rupees to the £. "Rupees are Twopees", if only the Bhat had stayed there.

15 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

Racism based on slights over 900 years ago is pretty extreme.  Do you bear a grudge against Homo Sapiens as well?

22 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

15 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

Only In Wales and Scotland some descenders of the Bretons still exist.

see https://www.theguardian.com/science/2015/mar/18/genetic-study-30-percent-white-british-dna-german-ancestry

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5312697/DNA-map-Britain-Ireland-reveals-Viking-genes.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3000998/Are-Welsh-truest-Brits-English-genomes-contain-German-French-DNA-Romans-left-no-trace.html

220px-Britonia6hcentury.png

Edited by puipuitom
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

For gods sake, are you unable to detect that my post was tongue in cheek, I lose hope.

I'm still a bit annoyed about Homo Neanderthalis eating all the best Mammoths though!

My apologies.

Anyway, I like to think that our cousins’ descendants still live amongst us, and thrive in rugby league.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

The British till now did a marvelous job to prepare for import duty into the EU to increase the cost price delivered duty paid of their products. A reduction from € 1,35 to now € 1,23 = 17 % down in just 3 years. OK, seen the 1300 BN pound trade, this reduces the revenue a little for their exports, and increases the prices of their imports, but.. as no riots, no molest of politicians, they all accept this loss of a .. 200Bn pounds/year.

And compared to the moment the British were invited to join the €uro in 1999.. at € 1,73.. a lot of competiviness is gained. Pity their export is still under their imports. 

imp-exp 2018 acc HoC lib briefing paper 7851 of 24 July 2019.jpg

13 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

The British till now did a marvelous job to prepare for import duty into the EU to increase the cost price delivered duty paid of their products. A reduction from € 1,35 to now € 1,23 = 17 % down in just 3 years. OK, seen the 1300 BN pound trade, this reduces the revenue a little for their exports, and increases the prices of their imports, but.. as no riots, no molest of politicians, they all accept this loss of a .. 200Bn pounds/year.

And compared to the moment the British were invited to join the €uro in 1999.. at € 1,73.. a lot of competiviness is gained. Pity their export is still under their imports. 

imp-exp 2018 acc HoC lib briefing paper 7851 of 24 July 2019.jpg

This is the key to Brexit.  The EU has 353 billion at risk of tariffs, although individual countries may have little. The UK has 7% of GDP at risk. 

A trade deal makes perfect economic sense and this will not be lost on the EU negotiators. However, in negotiations you should never, ever give your most important leverage away because it weakens your negotiating position and enables your opponent to drive a very hard bargain....this is what May did. 

BoJo needs to maintain the pressure on the EU, leave with no deal and then negotiate a trade deal as equals with the EU.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, citybiker said:

The issue of the WA itself besides the whole bigger picture.

A, The electorate should be rightly angry why the government under (May & Robbins) never submitted its own WA. Both weren’t genuine.

B, Knowing what’s known now, Brussels have simply refused anything the U.K. has proposed anyway, tells you all you need to know.

In summary, Brussels knew May & Robbins were remainers & weren’t serious & lastly, the EU (protecting itself obviously) wants everything its own way, primarily to deter others.

I’m more than convinced the U.K. done the right thing & voted out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can argue all you want for a catastrophic Conflict with our neighbours, but that was not the basis of the Leave campaign.  Your elected government negotiated a deal that would minimise economic and political harm to our country, and hard-liners sabotaged it.  Now the Tory party has given the hardliners the reins.  Let them try to find a way out.

Good job, Boris!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You can argue all you want for a catastrophic Conflict with our neighbours, but that was not the basis of the Leave campaign.  Your elected government negotiated a deal that would minimise economic and political harm to our country, and hard-liners sabotaged it.  Now the Tory party has given the hardliners the reins.  Let them try to find a way out.

Good job, Boris!

The hard liners, That’ll be both from all sides of the HoC not just the Tories.

Replace sabotage with overwhelmingly rejected for a valid reason.

I’m no fan of Boris however May was utterly inept, incompetent & a failure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

On 9/27/2019 at 6:59 PM, Chomper Higgot said:

He’s the political strategist behind the divisive lie ‘the people against Parliament’.

What he says is not news, it’s propaganda.

Of course. He's a non elected bureaucrat. His loyalties are to the billionaire speculators that are shorting the GBP to make billions if there is a no deal hard brexit; and who want a low cost, low wage, low worker rights economy they can exploit for even more profit. And create a tax haven of course!

Treacherous little scumbag whose been responsible for many of the lies and trickery fooling large sections of the electorate.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, StreetCowboy said:

She was the elected prime minister, and her party had a duty to support her.

Luckily, Boris thought he could do a better job , and it seems now like he has killed Brexit.

Good job, Boris.  I'd have called you a traitor if you had not saved us from our own stupidity.

SC

She lost her party's majority at an unnecessary election in which she refused to debate with opposing parties.

She was inept as a Home Secretary, arrogant and unwilling to admit mistakes. She presided over the passport office debacle, removed 20k police officers, telling the remaining offices they'd have to work harder, and did nothing to improve immigration as she kept assuring she would. She proved even more inept and arrogant as a PM, dominated by her advisers who weren't as clever as they thought they were.

She is responsible for the UK being in the wilderness of uncertainty for over 3 years.

• Like 1

All the fuss about proroguing for what ?

What have they achieved since Wednesday?

Just dragged the UK’s reputation through the mud again. The attorney general was correct. This parliament is dead and the swamp must be drained.

Which means the very opposite. This Parliament is very alive and ready to spike Boris and the Hard Brexiteers.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2

She lost her party's majority at an unnecessary election in which she refused to debate with opposing parties.

She was inept as a Home Secretary, arrogant and unwilling to admit mistakes. She presided over the passport office debacle, removed 20k police officers, telling the remaining offices they'd have to work harder, and did nothing to improve immigration as she kept assuring she would. She proved even more inept and arrogant as a PM, dominated by her advisers who weren't as clever as they thought they were.

She is responsible for the UK being in the wilderness of uncertainty for over 3 years.
And yet still a better person than nutcase Boris.

• Like 1

This is the key to Brexit.  The EU has 353 billion at risk of tariffs, although individual countries may have little. The UK has 7% of GDP at risk. 
A trade deal makes perfect economic sense and this will not be lost on the EU negotiators. However, in negotiations you should never, ever give your most important leverage away because it weakens your negotiating position and enables your opponent to drive a very hard bargain....this is what May did. 
BoJo needs to maintain the pressure on the EU, leave with no deal and then negotiate a trade deal as equals with the EU.
Shambles first then try to put together some pieces. Impressive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

It wasn’t the elected government who negotiated anything. It was a secret cabal of treasonous Remainers led by the PM, who came back with the EU’s Surrender Treaty.

That divorce deal, or Withdrawal Agreement Bill did not minimise any economic harm to the UK. It would have provided the basis for political harm to the UK, by tying us to the EU before we are allowed to negotiate the subsequent Trade Deals. Only then would we see the economic harm to be further wreaked by the EU.

Get out now, No Deal, only the we talk about THE Deal, ie trade deals.

You can call your elected government traitors, you can call your prime minister a traitor, but you put them there to do a job.  Then Boris and his croneys sabotaged it, and now Brexit will never happen.

Good job, Boris!

• Like 2

You can call your elected government traitors, you can call your prime minister a traitor, but you put them there to do a job.  Then Boris and his croneys sabotaged it, and now Brexit will never happen.

Good job, Boris!

Treasonous Theresa was put there to do a job. She agreed to do that job:
“Brexit means Brexit”
“Leave means Leave”
“No Deal is Better than a Bad Deal”

She didn’t do that but betrayed the will of the referendum voters. More Remainer lies and cheating.

Boris has only been PM for a few days before Parliament closed forced recess. When he delivers Brexit he will be a national hero.