SINET

Farangdanny

i find it very good and have done for years. good discount for annual contract. excellent customer service on phone or Line. great at advising planned outage (not often but usually 3am) , and good at advising unplanned outage and again when fixed, by sms. allow suspension if away for a while.

Same here... Have their basic plan and pay annually for free extra 2 months going on 5 years and it works out to less than 400 baht/mth... On the one or two occasions there was a problem I have called them and they spoke English and sent someone out the next day to check... Never experienced any slowdown in bandwidth either... The basic plan is more than enough for YouTube & Netflix on my Apple TV

2 minutes ago, sfokevin said:

Same here... Have their basic plan and pay annually for free extra 2 months going on 5 years and it works out to less than 400 baht/mth... On the one or two occasions there was a problem I have called them and they spoke English and sent someone out the next day to check... Never experienced any slowdown in bandwidth either... The basic plan is more than enough for YouTube & Netflix on my Apple TV

Thank you, will it be fast enough for a TV streaming set top box, such as IPTV?

2 hours ago, Farangdanny said:

Thank you, will it be fast enough for a TV streaming set top box, such as IPTV?

Hard to say... I am not familiar with your box... I watch movies in 4K

on Netflix but my Apple TV has 8gb of ram that can easily cache the entire movie...

I had it for a few years but recently got rid as I couldn't rely on the service. I work from home so need to be connected 24/7. 

I had the 200/100 speeds and couldn't stream anything without if buffering like crazy. The service would drop for 2-3 hrs at a time randomly. 

I've now got the True 500/100 service and it's such a difference, watching full HD no problem with 6 other devices connected via WiFi.

3 hours ago, sfokevin said:

Hard to say... I am not familiar with your box... I watch movies in 4K

on Netflix but my Apple TV has 8gb of ram that can easily cache the entire movie...

The average file size of a 4K movie is estimated to be just 100GB.

Are you sure your Apple TV is caching the whole movie?

10 hours ago, Bri19000 said:

The average file size of a 4K movie is estimated to be just 100GB.

Are you sure your Apple TV is caching the whole movie?

As I tried to allude to it really depends on the quality of the box (In my case a Apple TV) and the technology the streamer uses... In my case it’s Netflix that can compress 4K to 3.5-7gb an hour and then serve it up to me on their own app... Someone with a generic box trying to download bootleg content may not get the same result...

1D96F08F-4150-4E45-BF16-4E1989D89E9D.jpeg

Archived