Yearly road tax and LPG interesting scenario

tomtaylor1

Hi All, took my Suzuki Caribian for the annual road tax. Was told by the officials that a certificate was needed again for The LPg Tank.

So off to the LPG shop I take my Jeep to to get the certificate, told tank to old.

Asked about the cost of a replacement 7500 Baht, inquired about having the tank removed.

A Thai Garage owner was having LPG serviced, he explained to me that I did not need to remove the tank, just tell then at The Land Transport Office, I will not be using The LPG.

He quoted me including the road tax of 600 Baht, a total of 2000 Baht to have this procedure done, as it would normally cost 1000 Baht to get the certificate + 600 Baht +200 Baht for the test fee and the fact I would not have to go back to The Land Transport office, seemed like a bargain, although I was very sceptical, he says no need to pay me till paperwork finished and entered into the cars registration book.

5 days later, book returned, and entered will not be using LPG.

Regards Tom

4 minutes ago, tomtaylor1 said:

5 days later, book returned, and entered will not be using LPG.

Do you mean the entire system is still in the car and it could be used but you  "gave your word"

so it won't be used  and the Department of Land Transportation where happy with that ?

don't know about the lpg, but the cng they have to put sticker on the front window. If no sticker the gas station won't fill up. 

if any accident happen and police, insurance find out, you are using gas, you will have problem - not only you are not covered by insurance, but opened to penalty for misleading LTO.

Those saved 6k are not worth, because the new tank will last you 10 years safe and legal driving

Archived