Mobile Data/Internet/Hotspot access

scottiejohn

I have a DTAC SIM phone account at the moment but their data packages are poor.
I will not be able to access a static/home fixed landline/cable system for over one year and need some sort of mobile/portable (no fixed abode) system 
I think I am looking for either a "Wi-Fi Dongle" or SIM card/Phone access system, which allows laptop/mobile phone hotspot use with unlimited data at, at least, 4MPS.  Either pre or post paid.

Any thoughts or suggestions. 

PS;  Keeping the same number/new SIM is NOT an issue and any local CM advice most welcome re supplier shops etc.

6 minutes ago, JamJar said:

Their data packages are fine, including unlimited 10 Mbps(location permitting) for 90 days at a time. Search the board for the relevant codes and conditions.

I have searched their site and cannot find anything like 90 day.  The best I can see are 30 days but NO hotspot allowed, despite an all day search.

Do you have a link to such an offer.  

1 hour ago, scottiejohn said:

I have searched their site and cannot find anything like 90 day.  The best I can see are 30 days but NO hotspot allowed, despite an all day search.

Do you have a link to such an offer.  

I saw that hotspots are mentioned as not allowed. But hotspot can mean different things. It can also mean running a hotspot anyone can attach to, or one hotspot for a bunch of friends. Or it can mean running the phone as a hotspot because you'd rather use the iPad or laptop for doing the stuff you'd otherwise do on the phone.

It could also mean they won't allow you to use a mifi or modem, but will not have a problem with you using the phone as a hotspot. They can see what device is connected because they can see the IMEI.

I went and bought a DTAC SIM based on some rando on this forum that said DTAC Data is better than AIS.  Total waste of money.  I walked around Pattaya doing tests and DTAC was slower across the board with generally poorer signal strength in most of the areas I tend to be in.  Serves me right for taking advice from anyone on this board.

Their data plans are almost identical in every way.  My 2 cents is don't waste your time farting around with DTAC.  AIS coverage and data is better across the board.  At least in and around most areas of Pattaya.  They are matching each others plans, prices, and promotions.  So there is nothing to gain going with DTAC.

I concur with you out here in Sakeo province , no coverage when I'm out and about the rural areas as compared to AIS.

I went and bought a DTAC SIM based on some rando on this forum that said DTAC Data is better than AIS.  Total waste of money.  I walked around Pattaya doing tests and DTAC was slower across the board with generally poorer signal strength in most of the areas I tend to be in.  Serves me right for taking advice from anyone on this board.

Their data plans are almost identical in every way.  My 2 cents is don't waste your time farting around with DTAC.  AIS coverage and data is better across the board.  At least in and around most areas of Pattaya.  They are matching each others plans, prices, and promotions.  So there is nothing to gain going with DTAC.

On 9/29/2019 at 8:45 AM, scottiejohn said:

Thanks to everyone for their advice and particularly to JamJar for his help, well done!.

I opted for a DTAC upgrade package to my present DTAC SIM at 4Mbps which is working well.

To the MODS I have had my answers, please feel free to close if you wish.

Hello,

I need the same thing. can you use the hotspot mode with your phone/modem and surf internet by another device? Is the plan data unlimited? Is you sim buyer before 1st march so you are using the 90 days plan?

Sorry to make too much questions. ????

16 minutes ago, Balooo said:

Hello,

I need the same thing. can you use the hotspot mode with your phone/modem and surf internet by another device? Is the plan data unlimited? Is you sim buyer before 1st march so you are using the 90 days plan?

Sorry to make too much questions. ????

Not too many ? at all.

The simple answer is yes to all.

Hotspot up to 8 other devices from the phone

If hotspot in use from the phone to your laptop then you cannot use internet on your phone.

Yes the plan is unlimited data at 4Mbps, getting 3.7Mbps  as standard on the hotspot with my laptop.

Had the SIM B4 1St March and using 90 day plan.

I am very happy with my new DTAC plan.

PS; Feel free to PM me for any more info.

4 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

Not too many ? at all.

The simple answer is yes to all.

Hotspot up to 8 other devices from the phone

If hotspot in use from the phone to your laptop then you cannot use internet on your phone.

Yes the plan is unlimited data at 4Mbps, getting 3.7Mbps  as standard on the hotspot with my laptop.

Had the SIM B4 1St March and using 90 day plan.

I am very happy with my new DTAC plan.

PS; Feel free to PM me for any more info.

Not unlimited anymore.  At least not AIS and I believe DTAC plans are almost exactly the same when I checked a couple weeks ago.  I think 4Mbps plan is limited to around 35GB/month or something like that.

For Balooo in particular.

As I have just signed up to the DTAC package in the last 72 hours and having done my diligent research with great help from JamJar I would again agree with JamJar and ignore the latest comment from shdmn.

PS; In the short time I have been on the plan I have downloaded over 20GB of data on my 90 day 4Mbps unlimited package.

PPS;  The clue is in the title of the DTAC package, and I quote "Enjoy unlimited internet at 4MBS max speed, 1200B./90days(excl.VAT)"

Some baiting posts and replies have been removed.  

As the OP stated the following on Sunday:

To the MODS I have had my answers, please feel free to close if you wish.

As the OP has his answers, this topic is now closed. 

Archived