???? Best BORDER (not Visa) Run flight from BKK?

Hi there.

I finally have a Non B Multiple Entry visa.

Can't find much into on what's the best same-day BORDER run. Just need to go in and out of the country. No need to apply for anything.

Laos needs a Visa to enter the country? My GF said you don't need one if you don't leave the airport but that seems like BS to me since you need to leave Thailand by getting into another country, before going back to Thailand.

Malaysia doesn't seem to have a visa requirement but the flight is a bit more expensive.

What's the typical border run flight that most people choose?

Form Bangkok the nearest and possibly the best border crossing is the Ban Phu Nam Ron in Kanchanaburi to Myanmar.

No need for a visa for entry. You would pay around 950 baht for transport across no mans land and back again that includes the 500 baht fie for Myanmar Border pass.

You need a visa on arrival for Laos. It does not matter if it is by land or air. Your girlfriend is thinking of border passes for Thais to Laos that allows them to stay for 3 days in the area near the crossing used.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Form Bangkok the nearest and possibly the best border crossing is the Ban Phu Nam Ron in Kanchanaburi to Myanmar.

No need for a visa for entry. You would pay around 950 baht for transport across no mans land and back again that includes the 500 baht fie for Myanmar Border pass.

You need a visa on arrival for Laos. It does not matter if it is by land or air. Your girlfriend is thinking of border passes for Thais to Laos that allows them to stay for 3 days in the area near the crossing used.

Thank you. Might do this instead of a flight to KL. I showed your reply to my GF and she suggested her and I drive there together with our own car.

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can drive to the crossing but would need to use the service to cross to no man's land from reports I have read.

Hmm maybe should just take the flight. But now I also read something on Thaivisa.com about cranky Malaysian immigration officers being difficult about 1 day trips

19 minutes ago, Hashes7327 said:

Hmm maybe should just take the flight. But now I also read something on Thaivisa.com about cranky Malaysian immigration officers being difficult about 1 day trips

By air I don't recall many reports of that happening. Many people do it without a problem.

At the Malaysia land crossings it is normally Thai immigration telling people the need to stay overnight.

• Like 1

I assume you are in Bangkok. One option to consider is flying from Don Muang to Maesot (airport just a couple of km from the border) and doing a border bounce there. The Myanmar border pass is just US$10 (assuming you have clean, undamaged notes). It is just a matter of walking back and forth across the bridge.

As I didn’t want to open a new topic i‘ll ask the question here. 2x /year land border crossing is still only relevant,  if you are on the normal 30 days excempt right? So all valid visa holders, including METV, can leave and enter Thailand via a land-border as often as they wish?

Thx for a quick confirmation.  

Edited by SpanishExpat
  • Like 1

we have daily service from Bangkok to Kanchanaburi. It is an easy drive and an easy process at border. If you travel by own car you park next to the "hut" where the paperwork is processed and the fee collected. After you stamp out , in some cases you wait until they come back with your passport or they take you up the hill to stamp you IN/OUT of Myanmar (about 40minutes). Back on the Thai side stamp back and leave the area.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

I assume you are in Bangkok. One option to consider is flying from Don Muang to Maesot (airport just a couple of km from the border) and doing a border bounce there. The Myanmar border pass is just US$10 (assuming you have clean, undamaged notes). It is just a matter of walking back and forth across the bridge.

Ty

4 minutes ago, visarunner said:

we have daily service from Bangkok to Kanchanaburi. It is an easy drive and an easy process at border. If you travel by own car you park next to the "hut" where the paperwork is processed and the fee collected. After you stamp out , in some cases you wait until they come back with your passport or they take you up the hill to stamp you IN/OUT of Myanmar (about 40minutes). Back on the Thai side stamp back and leave the area.

Okay... since we have a car & my girlfriend is eager to go on a short trip with me, it sounds like driving our car there is a safe & cheap option.

4 hours ago, SpanishExpat said:

As I didn’t want to open a new topic i‘ll ask the question here. 2x /year land border crossing is still only relevant,  if you are on the normal 30 days excempt right? So all valid visa holders, including METV, can leave and enter Thailand via a land-border as often as they wish?

Thx for a quick confirmation.  

That is correct. The limit of two border bounces by land is only for visa exempt entry.

• Thanks 1