TrueMove balance keeps dissapearing???

parikesitan

Hi, so I've been in Thailand for almost 3 years now, and I've been using TrueMove prepaid SIM.

The thing is, lately everytime I top up my balance, and leave it for nothing (no call, no text, no data, no package, just in case I need to text when there's no network), my balance keeps reducing until below 10, or sometimes even 0!!!

My guess is, I've kept getting these promotional texts (which everything is in Thai language) and is that possible if they drain my balance?

And how do I stop it?? Because I need to have balance for emergency call

Cheers,

Maybe it's similar to AIS, they had a scam marketing thing that opted you in (without you agreeing to) to a daily 10 baht charge for some rubbish thing.

Look at your account you should be able to see what's going on, or call customer service and ask for a refund. I got a refund from AIS no argument

55 minutes ago, Salerno said:

*137 calls3.png press 2

or if you've mistakenly subscribed 

*137 calls3.png press 3

Tried to call the *137 and they have service in English

I pressed *137 - 4 instead, which is a combination of both 2 and 3.

Fantastic advice, seemed to work, we will see soon

Thank you!!

8 hours ago, Salerno said:

No worries, pain in the proverbial ... been there done that with True and AIS, never happened to me on Dtac,

Talking about Dtac: forgot to extend validity and they cancelled my card. Can I still get prepaid, per minute plan plan for voice and sms only?

7 hours ago, daxbr said:

Talking about Dtac: forgot to extend validity and they cancelled my card. Can I still get prepaid, per minute plan plan for voice and sms only?

http://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/products/sim-go-plearn.html

If you cannot find that actual SIM, just get a normal SIM(not DTAC Tourist SIM, Pa-tong-koh SIM, mini SIM, Virus SIM or special SIMs) and tap in *103*55*9# and hit the dial button.

18 hours ago, Salerno said:

*137 calls3.png press 2

or if you've mistakenly subscribed 

*137 calls3.png press 3

I had the same problem: I did receive unsolicited thai-messages and noticed that my credit slowly eroded even when not doing any call or text-messages at a rate of approx 10 THB per day.

Blocking the sender didn't help.   Yes, I did not get any thai-messages anymore but that didn't stop the credit-erosion.

I then googled/TV-ed the problem and found out that it is a well-known scam.

Normally Salerno's s advice higher should work.

I did that, but after a few days the slow-erosion started again

So I went in person with my phone to a shop to get it stopped.  The guy that served me was well aware of the scam, and contacted dTac - my provider - to get it stopped.

And that finally worked.

Note: 10 THB a day is a small amount, and you might not notice it if you are daily calling/texting with your phone.  But on year-basis that adds up, so if you get suspicious text-messages from unrecognized sources (e.g. gambling / nice thai ladies) I suggest you check your balance and then not use your phone for 24 hours, and re-check.

This happened to me on True and DTAC. With DTAC the deductions were itemised so I insisted on a full refund of about 125THB and got it within the hour. On True there is no where I could find the deductions itemised so I just stopped using their service. Thievery, nothing less.

13 hours ago, sfokevin said:

Make sure that your phones data option is turned off... Many apps ping their servers and use data

With newer Android, you can keep mobile data on, but define which apps have access to mobile data.

While that seems to work for me, I unticked wifi for a specific app, but that didn't seem to work. Need to investigate a bit more.

On 9/30/2019 at 9:14 AM, sfokevin said:

Make sure that your phones data option is turned off... Many apps ping their servers and use data

Made no difference in the case of this threads topic, True deleted my balance down to 1THB with the SIM card taken out of the phone. The #137 codes solved it for me, but I refuse to use True because of this.

Archived