Rush to spend “Chim-Shop-Chai” giveaways causes glitches in KTB’s system

webfact

7.jpg

The rush to spend the 1,000-baht giveaways, under the government’s “Chim-Shop-Chai” (Eat-Shop-Spend) program, by some 2.5 million successful subscribers has disrupted the computer systems of the state-run Krung Thai Bank, to the extent that the applications had to be temporarily shut down.

The bank suspended use of the “Pao Tang” application from 2am and 5am this morning (Monday) as its officials upgraded the system to fix the problems, apparently caused by a huge number of subscribers spending their giveaway money.

It appeared that many subscribers did not fully understand the working of the application and could not use the money. An informed source at the Finance Ministry said that the subscribers must clearly specify, on their smartphones, the provinces in which they want to spend the money, because the system is connected with the provinces specified.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/rush-to-spend-chim-shop-chai-giveaways-causes-glitches-in-ktbs-system/

thaipbs.jpg
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

What a shambles. This was the brain child of that idiot Tourism Minister. What a loser he is!

There are two ministers who Prayut should sack immediately. But he doesn't have the nerve or the strength of leadership to do it.

1. The Tourism Minister who keeps coming out with dippy ideas. Remember how he wants to bring back western tourists with massage and ganja. 

2. The Transport Minister who is responsible for road safety. The reasons for his dismissal are all too obvious. Plus the Hopewell fiasco.

56 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

The Tourism Minister who keeps coming out with dippy ideas. Remember how he wants to bring back western tourists with massage and ganja. 

Id cancel tickets to somewhere else to come to a country that advertised that. Put an asterisk at the bottom *massage available in Family Friendly, Adult and german versions (the last would have a pic of a bodybuilding LadyMan in Latex holding an enema syringe)

Edited by Nyezhov

2 hours ago, johng said:

Massage and ganja seem like good ideas to me + some beer and pizza (for the munchies)

That train has already left the station. 

Twenty five years ago, they were giving it away. It was all part of the genuinely laid back experience. I actually didn't smoke, but had no objection to others doing so. it just added to the genuinely friendly vibe.

But since then, the environment became increasingly hostile. Locals afraid. Tourists being marched to an ATM by the police.

So rather than a genuinely relaxed feeling, likely more of paranoia.

Add to that, smoking bans in public and on the public beaches and you have an almost completely hostil environment. You cannot reverse that with wishful thinking.

I don't have an issue with smoking bans. I dislike people smoking around me. But that isn't the point. They have already eliminated most of the things that made Thailand special.

It's just a two dimensional version of it's former self.

The ugliness of mass tourism is just another nail in that coffin. 

It can still be a pleasant place. But you are constantly having to avoid the scams and corruption, including from the police.