What is wrong with some people?

Totoandlilly

Expat in his 50-60s jogging by my house 19:00 today, screaming and yelling at me and my dogs because my dogs barked a bit, a bark doesn't mean the dog is angry, I have been living here for 3 weeks, first time this happened, it's a nice quiet area with no neighbors.

Some thin skinned people here that seems to be looking for trouble and are rude.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

What is wrong with some people?

Really they are getting upset by a farang running around yelling?  Once in 3 weeks?

Next case: the buzzing fly.

Much lunatics Western people in thailand, by the look at some comments written there are plenty of unstable people.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

If your dogs are contained, then there is no problem, ignore it and get on with your evening.

The dogs did as they should and warn you of the presence of a stranger. Give them a treat ! 

Alternatively, ask him how fast he can run and advise you'll let them out to test him next time....just joking !????

My concern is also that he might come back and try poisoning my dogs/do harm to them, but  I'm supervise my dogs when they are in the garden, check the garden for stuff that can poisoning them everyday before I let them out in the garden for play, spoke with am Italian guy the other days that had a friend who two dogs where poison by some neighbors.

I choose to stay here because there are no neighbors within 100 meters.

Edited by Totoandlilly

38 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Its most annoying when a dog comes at you aggressively, barking and showing its teeth and you are thinking you are about to get attacked by the dog ...............................and then the owner says smiling "Its OK, he wont bite"

Yep, your dog sure wont be biting when I wrap this rock around its head

Pretty sure my dogs would have you 'contained' before you could wrap a rock around their head.

12 minutes ago, Totoandlilly said:

He might come back and chop my head off, so unstable was that person by the way he talked with himself, swearing etc.

Your dogs will give you early warning, give you a chance to hide. 

But then you might be unstable thinking he will be back to chop off your head. 

9 minutes ago, Totoandlilly said:

My concern is also that he might come back and try poisoning my dogs/do harm to them, but  I'm supervise my dogs when they are in the garden, check the garden for stuff that can poisoning them everyday before I let them out in the garden for play, spoke with am Italian guy the other days that had a friend who two dogs where poison by some neighbors.

".... no neighbours for 100 metres" that certainly tells us a lot about yourself. 

If your dog was contained within the boundaries of your house and could not get to him, then the problem is fully his, After all dogs bark for all manner of things.

If your dog is free to roam outside unchecked and go near people - some of whom may have a fear of dogs for very valid reasons -  you are an irresponsible dog owner and should be banned from owning a dog.

Edited by RichardColeman

2 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

If your dog was contained within the boundaries of your house and could not get to him, then the problem is fully his, After all dogs bark for all manner of things.

If your dog is free to roam outside and go near people - some of whom may have a fear of dogs for very valid reasons -  you are an irresponsible dog owner and should be banned from owning a dog.

There is a fence/wall around the property, I do not let my dogs outside the property unless I'm taking them for a walk. They can't get out or jump out, that was my priority before I moved in here to have a place where they can't get out and a big garden to run and play in.

Edited by Totoandlilly

22 minutes ago, Totoandlilly said:

you will have neighbors ones the start building a new factory next to you????

If your dogs are in their own compound then it’s perfectly natural for them to bark when strangers pass, and as they are contained they are no danger to anyone. What bothers me is if a dog or dogs are allowed to roam free and approach people barking, as the stranger has no idea what their intentions are ... such owners are highly irresponsible.

10 minutes ago, Artisi said:

".... no neighbours for 100 metres" that certainly tells us a lot about yourself. 

Absolutely, he likes other people. A misanthrope like me would require a property at least two miles from the nearest neighbour.

3 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

If your dogs are in their own compound then it’s perfectly natural for them to bark when strangers pass, and as they are contained they are no danger to anyone. What bothers me is if a dog or dogs are allowed to roam free and approach people barking, as the stranger has no idea what their intentions are ... such owners are highly irresponsible.

I moved from the previous place because my neighbors dogs was roaming free in the street and barking all night.

• Like 1