TM 28 abolished?

14 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

As usual one can check in 3 different region immigration offices for any form (of)  information :wink: and end up with 4 different interpretations of the rules by the divine golden wings at the counter !! :welcomeani:...The more confusing the rules, the more important becomes the official.

You should ask at your local immigration office,no where else. And "if" I have to ask something, I never ask anyone standing behind the desk at the entrance. 

1 hour ago, Jumbo1968 said:

A previous poster stated your address is logged at the airport, the I.O. only checks to see if you put down an address, you could out any address down. They don’t have the time to input every individuals address, that’s why a TM30 is required

Until every Immigration Office and individual Officers follow the Immigration Regulations how they are written down this debate will go on for ever similar with the majority of the Immigration Regulations not just the TM30. 

As a tourist you can write "Travelling around" on the TM6- card. The TM6 card has nothing to do with the TM30 address. And it doesn't matter if immigration offices interprets the rules their own way. You just have to obey your local immigration office. I don't care how they do it at CW in BKK or in CM.

On 10/4/2019 at 2:58 AM, Jumbo1968 said:

It’s enforced at Jomtien, I was unaware I had too inform Immigration within 24 hours of a change of address. I was detained for over 2 hours threatened with a 3500 baht fine, eventually they let me go, no fine.

The heading on the TM28 states,

FORM FOR ALIENS TO NOTIFY THEIR CHANGE OF ADDRESS OR THEIR STAY IN THE PROVINCE FOR OVER 24 HOURs.

I always do a TM28 at Jomtien after returning from abroad, I was told by them I had too even though I was going back too the same address. The house owner lives abroad, I haven’t seen her for over 2 years so is unaware about the TM30.

I never do a TM 28 or TM 30 at jomtien when returning from abroad or from anothet province. Even when I have asked at the IO I have been told it was not needed and just to make my 90 day report as usual. I was returning to my same address on my retirement extension. So it seems our experience differs.

On 10/4/2019 at 10:05 AM, Jumbo1968 said:

I wish people would read my previous posts before replying and read the TM28 application form. The forms heading is follows,

FORM FOR ALIENS TO NOTIFY THEIR CHANGE OF ADDRESS OR THEIR STAY IN THE PROVINCE FOR OVER 24 HOURs.

Yes notify change of address OR their stay in the province for over 24 hours, after I return too Thailand I do a TM28 at Jomtien and as I said before I do it because my owner a Thai lives abroad and is unaware about TM30 and tbh trying too communicate with her would be a nightmare.

You are making a rod for your own back.  By your interpretation of the 24 hour rule you could end up visiting the IO every other day! My landlord also lives abroad. My local IO is Jomtien. I reiterate I have never been required to fill in any form after returning from abroad,  twice a year, and from other provinces, several times a year. When, having been panicked by this forum, I once went to the IO to fill in any forms as required I was told no action needed to be taken and to return in 90 days.

28 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

I never do a TM 28 or TM 30 at jomtien when returning from abroad or from anothet province. Even when I have asked at the IO I have been told it was not needed and just to make my 90 day report as usual. I was returning to my same address on my retirement extension. So it seems our experience differs.

I have never done a TM28 at Jomtien Immigration, but a couple of TM30 when changing condo. But I self reported and it didn't take long. 

19 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

You are making a rod for your own back.  By your interpretation of the 24 hour rule you could end up visiting the IO every other day! My landlord also lives abroad. My local IO is Jomtien. I reiterate I have never been required to fill in any form after returning from abroad,  twice a year, and from other provinces, several times a year. When, having been panicked by this forum, I once went to the IO to fill in any forms as required I was told no action needed to be taken and to return in 90 days.

He doesn't understand that he can self report the TM30 as the possessor even as a tenant. I have never seen the TM28-form in real life, just online. 

25 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

I am talking about returning from abroad.

4 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

He doesn't understand that he can self report the TM30 as the possessor even as a tenant. I have never seen the TM28-form in real life, just online. 

I understand 100%, I don’t have the necessary documentation to do a TM30, it’s with my owner in Germany and if Jomtien are happy with a TM28 I will continue doing one, no hardship, in and out in 5 minutes.

On 10/5/2019 at 6:46 PM, Jumbo1968 said:

I understand 100%, I don’t have the necessary documentation to do a TM30, it’s with my owner in Germany and if Jomtien are happy with a TM28 I will continue doing one, no hardship, in and out in 5 minutes.

Don't you have a rental contract in your name? 

46 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Yes I do otherwise I couldn’t do a TM28.

With the first page from the rental contract and the info page from your passport you can register as foreigner and the possessor in the TM30 app. The apps name is Section38. At several immigration offices you can also self report the TM30 yourself as the guest (as the possessor).