What Is This "green Card"

gennisis

I am thinking about buying a bike....so look up what the guys here have been saying about different makes.

I am now completly confused. It seems that although the price of the bike 30-40,000 baht seems OK this "green card" will cost as much or more.

So exactly what is this "green card",is it essential?

It seems that it is suggested that most bikes here ,or the owners dont have them.

So whats the position?

Thanks

gennisis,

The 'green card' I think youre refering to is the registration book.Blue for cars,green for bikes.

Judging by the price of the bike you mentioned...30-40,000 I presume you are talking about a 100-200cc bike.Bikes in this range with 100-200cc engines will already have the 'green card' at no extra cost.

Some guys here are talking about larger engined bikes...250-1200cc.These larger bikes are usually imported and some dont have the 'green book' due to the expense of obtaining it...30-60,000 for the registration process.

If you are buying a larger bike,check it has been registered and has number plates.Many people use these bikes unregistered for many years with no problems,but I wouldnt recommend it.

Good luck.

gennisis,

The 'green card' I think youre refering to is the registration book.Blue for cars,green for bikes.

Judging by the price of the bike you mentioned...30-40,000 I presume you are talking about a 100-200cc bike.Bikes in this range with 100-200cc engines will already have the 'green card' at no extra cost.

Some guys here are talking about larger engined bikes...250-1200cc.These larger bikes are usually imported and some dont have the 'green book' due to the expense of obtaining it...30-60,000 for the registration process.

If you are buying a larger bike,check it has been registered and has number plates.Many people use these bikes unregistered for many years with no problems,but I wouldnt recommend it.

Good luck.

thanks for the info.Yes it was a small bike I was thinking of. Thanks again