Climate Change: An unstoppable movement takes hold

rooster59

I prefer to listen to the professionals on the subject rather than the social media, TV, radio shock jock opinions.

https://skepticalscience.com/global-warming-scientific-consensus-intermediate.htm

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, fantom said:

For those interested in 'understanding climate facts, stripped of propoganda and emotion ' (review comment)

'Mirrors and Mazes', a guide through tha climate change debate.

Howard Thomas Brady.

Available on Kindle for about $7.00

I found it clear and concise and most refreshing.

Just one teaser ... ask why was Hannibal able to cross the Alps with his elephants.

Because they were big and their body heat melted the ice ????

18 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Well I sure hope for civilizations sake that things end up more like Thailand than Iceland.

Never been to Iceland then ??

Good chance that a lot more of Iceland will be above sea level than Thailand in 100 years.

Edited by overherebc

43 minutes ago, MickGC said:

I prefer to listen to the professionals on the subject rather than the social media, TV, radio shock jock opinions.

https://skepticalscience.com/global-warming-scientific-consensus-intermediate.htm

Interesting site, thanks.  On "Basic" tab, a few scrolls down, enjoyed the video called The American Denial of Global Warming.  A summary presentation from UCSD about the history of global warming studies and how we got here from there. 

1 hour ago, brokenbone said:

ammonites were doing just fine at many times higher

co2 levels then today, and obviously the coral reef

survived as well or it wouldnt be around.

geologic history has rarely seen so stable sea level as today,

melting in arctic is offset by ice build up in antarctic,

and as geologic history shows us,

every specie today survived when there was no ice at all.

the black swan is that there is a lower limit of co2

below which plants cant survive,

and plants thrive at much higher co2 levels then is today.

fun fact, note how co2 level lag behind 800 years of temperature changes, that is, first something changes temperature, and then after a few hundred years co2 follow suit as an effect, where the temperature is the cause

ammonite.jpg

sea level rise.jpg

sea lv rise.jpg

co2 through history.jpg

temperature through history.jpg

temp & co2.jpg

vostok ice cores.jpg

CO2 levels are above 400 ppm and still going up. I don't know where you are getting your graphs from, but let me suggest they are out of date.

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

Well I sure hope for civilizations sake that things end up more like Thailand than Iceland.

Spare a thought for us Aussies, please. Most of Australia will be like Death Valley if you get your wish.

And before you say you don't give a toss, guess who owns majority holdings in a lot of Aussie blue chip shares?

13 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

CO2 levels are above 400 ppm and still going up. I don't know where you are getting your graphs from, but let me suggest they are out of date.

yes, the graphs are on the scale of tens of thousands of years, its less then a mm worth of space on the graphs

at the extreme right where they went above 400 ppm,

and the worlds late recovery in biomass is proof thereof. optimally we would have another 3-fold increase in co2 for optimal conditions for life on earth.

lets just say its no coincidence greenhouse owners

and salt water aquarium owners artificially increase co2,

it is the main food for photosynthetic plankton,

the basis for life in the sea

Edited by brokenbone
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, brokenbone said:

yes, the graphs are on the scale of tens of thousands of years, its less then a mm worth of space on the graphs

at the extreme right where they went above 400 ppm,

and the worlds late recovery in biomass is proof thereof. optimally we would have another 3-fold increase in co2 for optimal conditions for life on earth.

lets just say its no coincidence greenhouse owners

and salt water aquarium owners artificially increase co2,

it is the main food for photosynthetic plankton,

the basis for life in the sea

Well, it may be great for giant ammonites. But what makes you think it will be great for us?

Recovery of biomass, when the forests of Brazil and Sumatra are burning?

16 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Well, it may be great for giant ammonites. But what makes you think it will be great for us?

Recovery of biomass, when the forests of Brazil and Sumatra are burning?

csiro of oz made this recent study of biomass increase,

vegetation has up til now been on starvation,

and, well, still suffocating but if we continue to

re-introduce co2 into the cycle of life at current pace

theres no doubt life will flourish again as it once did when we had 1200+ ppm co2

greening of earth.jpg

Edited by brokenbone
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

Because they were big and their body heat melted the ice ????

Because in 218 BC the Alps were glacier free so 90,000 men and their Jumbo's were happy campers.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fantom said:

Because in 218 BC the Alps were glacier free so 90,000 men and their Jumbo's were happy campers.

lol, no, they suffered huge losses in that disastrous trekking.

on a bright note, romans suffered even more from the survivors of the trekking

Edited by brokenbone

13 hours ago, edwinchester said:

The science is undeniable but people choose, for whatever reason, to ignore it and the consequences.

Our kids will have a <deleted>ty life and our grandkids even <deleted>tier.

Actually you can not see into the future. This anarchist,  white, middle class movement is spreading hysteria and trying to destroy our society and trying to stop the third world  from developing.

6 hours ago, brokenbone said:

in order to project impression that wildfires are on an increase, it is necessary to set the start date to 1983.

so here i am wondering what start date did ipcc use in their diagram ?

wildfires.jpg

I  can find  no realistic relevance in the presentation  of  either mortality  or insurance cost  data or other that defies the evidence of  climate  change. That  any population or  infrastructure unprepared or vulnerable in the path of  extreme weather is anything other than a demonstration of financial concern or liability is  no scientific measure of the  weather event itself. Modern communications and services  can now better avert such impact to the benefit of people and those primarily  concerned  with financial liabilities.

Peaks  in land based phenomenon  are in scientific analysis only a measure of  effect rather than base  cause. Unfortunately the  common perception of  climate issues is  based on personal experience as land based .

Realistic science looks to the origin of climatic events which are  generated  by the oceans.

What  makes that difficult is to not only measure  but to provide definitive short term prognosis because unlike land  masses the oceans  move. The  accumulation of data as to how that  effects  weather takes time for longer term predictive outcome despite well established factual data in support of oceanic variance in historical current flows.

IMO it is  of less priority to allocate blame to climate change than it is to  recognize that  it is a reality and globally  needs addressing in defense against even if it were to  be reversed in  20 years.

It is  in that reality that it is quite possible that humanity could need  to abandon the priority of expansion in wealth in favor of the simple need to eat ! Pertinent to that is the historical evidence that popular  revolutions have occurred by  cause of  such drastic need.

when you really think about it, its in human nature.

the sin, the flood, inca & viking sacrifices to please the gods,

there is hardly a religion in history that didnt have

this idea of human sin & gods punishment,

and the necessity to sacrifice

climate summit.png

Edited by brokenbone
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

she is a child, who does not have to worry about losing her job, does not have a house with a mortgage, or a car, etc. 

In other words he has not sold out yet.

Have you heard the expression "out of the mouth of babes" 

Western Australia’s Scott Reef has recovered from mass bleaching

a miracle ! praise the gods, scott reef has once more recovered from the natural cycle of death and recovery

that is the defining nature of eco systems.

guess superman went there and sucked the co2 up his ar$e, how else could it be explained ? given that the consensus among 97% scientits TM was too much co2 that caused the disaster !

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/04/130405094523.htm

Edited by brokenbone
  • Like 2

The UN is fauning over Greta more than they did for Obama. No doubt she will be given the Nobel Prize foir Peace. Although like Obama she has done nothing to deserve it, aside from esposing their liberal leftwing bulldust narrative about climate change.  

Years ago I said Tiger would one day be in serious trouble (mentally) - this was when he was at his peak. When challenged why, I pointed out he was abused as a child and has not had a good upbringing - most people looked at his success and money and laughed.  That Tiger has had the inevitable breakdown and has gotten through all of that and is now (apparently) an OK human is great.  I only hope that in the future Great gets though the inevitable crisis that is coming to her.  Abused children are not all sexually abused - they are controlled and used - they are not allowed to develop themselves.  Greta is an abused child. Just like Tiger was.

16 hours ago, emptypockets said:

True.

They are building new High Efficiency Low Emissions (Supercritical and Ultra Supercritical boilers) coal fired power plants to replace the old polluting coal fired stations that they are taking out of service. They will improve the air quality immensely without destroying their economy, unlike the West who seem hell bent on sending us to starve in the dark whilst living in caves.

My very good friend, an engineer, who has been, for over a decade, working on many of the past, current and future Chinese generation plants, finally quit due to the frustration of the Chinese not doing what needs to be done. 

54 minutes ago, Curt1591 said:

My very good friend, an engineer, who has been, for over a decade, working on many of the past, current and future Chinese generation plants, finally quit due to the frustration of the Chinese not doing what needs to be done. 

Hand them a copy of an ITP during the first week and 3 days later it comes back signed off and stamped all through to the end.

• Thanks 1